MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Permethrin

Karl

With doing more training hikes and shooting at the range with tall grass I’ve been finding a tick of two every trip out so thought someone might appreciate a reminder to spray their stuff down. I use Sawyers in one of these garden sprayers to get all my stuff at once and get it done super quick!

Attachments

• B9551FB7-F1F8-4073-8C5D-5F09175C97CC.jpeg
    B9551FB7-F1F8-4073-8C5D-5F09175C97CC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
With doing more training hikes and shooting at the range with tall grass I’ve been finding a tick of two every trip out so thought someone might appreciate a reminder to spray their stuff down. I use Sawyers in one of these garden sprayers to get all my stuff at once and get it done super quick!
great idea

Ticks are not a problem for us up here in Alaska.
But I will be staying in NW Montana thru May of next year.
At what temperature do ticks start to become a problem?

I had one of those naughty ticks this year and it really put me down. I treat everything with premethryn before turkey season, apparently I need to apply about once every 5 or so hunting days.

I’ll take the $10 premethryn over how sick I was with Lyme 100% of the time.

It was easily the worst I’ve ever felt, I had to use 4 sick days because of it. My doctor gave me a prescription for doxycycline and it helped a ton, she also gave me an extra prescription of it in case I get a bite on an extended hunt and don’t want to deal with the potential issues.

Ticks are not a problem for us up here in Alaska.
But I will be staying in NW Montana thru May of next year.
At what temperature do ticks start to become a problem?
I had one on me this spring on a day when the high temperature was 33 degrees. I find they start to get pretty thick around mid April, usually when the temperatures start getting into the 60s.

Permethrin is such a good repellant - I take pleasure in knowing that it kills the critters, too. What I have to remember is to spray my boots (often forget that), and to get my socks sprayed enough ahead of time that they are dry when I go to put them on.

David
NM

Permethrin is such a good repellant - I take pleasure in knowing that it kills the critters, too. What I have to remember is to spray my boots (often forget that), and to get my socks sprayed enough ahead of time that they are dry when I go to put them on.

David
NM
Heads up, but the warning label on the back of the Sawyer bottle says “under no circumstances should it come in contact with skin”.

I think if you do your boots good enough and let them dry you wouldn’t need to worry about socks.

Just my 2 cents FWIW

Heads up, but the warning label on the back of the Sawyer bottle says “under no circumstances should it come in contact with skin”.

I think if you do your boots good enough and let them dry you wouldn’t need to worry about socks.

Just my 2 cents FWIW
I believe that warning is only for when the treated clothes are wet. Once they dry skin contact shouldn’t be a problem. Some clothing companies make next-to-skin layers treated with a long-acting permethrin.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back