Pelican rifle cases

brownbear932008

Hey folks! I was wondering if anyone has dealt with the warranty department with Pelican cases. I have a double rifle cases that was broken during a trip last year while being transported through Delta airlines. They broke a latch and totally cracked a corner which now has a 1/2 crack in it. Called pelican first time guy was real quick to send me two new latches which I replaced and I was told to snap pics of corner damage and send in to them which I did. No response after a month.
So today I called to follow up on the email sent to see why I haven't heard a peep and was told they wouldn't warranty the case. I was under the assumption they had a no questions asked warranty against case breakage. I mean what good is the case if it breaks the one time a year I use it to transport my weapon. The lifetime warranty was the sole reason I paid the high price I did for the case.
Any other HT members have any dealings with Pelican cases over the years and what was your experience? I gotta say I am very unhappy with their unwillingness to back up their product.

Last edited:
I haven't had to deal with them, but that was the reason I bought the case as well. I was told no matter what happens they send you a new one if it breaks.

I haven't had to deal with them, but that was the reason I bought the case as well. I was told no matter what happens they send you a new one if it breaks.

Same here I don't need a new one just want mine fixed it will prob take 1/2 of new one to fix it though. I was told the warranty now is " normal wear and use coverage" boy if that isn't a cop out wide range of what ifs.

a few years ago i had one break that i was carrying dive equipment in (the handle broke) i didnt have any problems i just had to send it to them and they sent me a new one. i cant remember if i paid the initial shipping though. i now have 4 or 5 in different sizes and love all of them

Lol I wish they had the same customer service as Leopold! Rimmatt they did send me two lock handles that were busted at the same time on my first call to them. That guy was real helpful last subject I spoke to not so much. It was my understanding all I had to do was call, take pics, send them in email, get order number and pay shipment for fix or replacement. Not so at this point.

Same here until the last trip those cases are tough as nails. Handlers had to run over this thing or something imo. I haven't yet spoken with delta and probably won't because of the time frame. I was in the middle of a move at the time and have just settled down to deal with it in the past two months or so. Guess I am sol and will probably pull out the epoxy and clamps and hope for a fix. Just not very happy with pelicans customer service at this point. I guess I expected more or was being unrealistic in my expectations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back