PEAX Equipment

Pawnee National Grasslands

Out of curiosity why are there fewer to the west of I25? Habitat?
And the majority of otc pronghorn units hold most of the animals on private lands. Or are limited to units with almost exclusively private lands. Not impossible with walk in areas and stl, but it's not like 3 or 201 are offered otc. There is a reason the best public spots aren't otc.

I got permission to rifle hunt 87 three years ago for pronghorn. From what I seen the Pawnee was pretty devoid of pronghorn, and most were on private ranches. The rancher I asked had three sections and was not a fan of pronghorn. I got a mid-70s buck in 30 minutes. It wouldn’t hurt to ask permission for hunting. It took a lot of preference points 7/8 I think.

I got permission to rifle hunt 87 three years ago for pronghorn. From what I seen the Pawnee was pretty devoid of pronghorn, and most were on private ranches. The rancher I asked had three sections and was not a fan of pronghorn. I got a mid-70s buck in 30 minutes. It wouldn’t hurt to ask permission for hunting. It took a lot of preference points 7/8 I think.

Did you have to pay a trespass fee or did they just let you hunt?

What about the idea of finding water on public land and setting up a blind? Is that something that's doable in those areas?

In my area of CO our summers tend to be pretty wet due to afternoon thunderstorms. Further SE and maybe more on the Eastern edge may be a different story. On the ranch I hunt there is water everywhere so I couldnt imagine sitting a waterhole as being effective. Depends on the property though.

Whose your cousin? I know a lot of briggsdale folks

His name is Jael. He'd only been in Briggsdale for about 2 years maybe. He ended up moving to California with his wife and kid. He worked on that red angus seed stock ranch on road 100 and 83.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back