MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Parker Bros Damascus Malfunction

squirrel

Inherited a Parker Bros 12 and was talked in to refinishing it, so did. It worked fine both before and after the re-furbishing. I pulled it out to drool over it the other day, and was unable to take the barrels out of the action, the forearm comes off fine, the action hinges fine, you just can't lift the barrels to separate from the receiver. I have oiled the plunge pin (held in by the forearm being attached) which would appear to this neanderthal to be the spring operated device which allows the barrels to be lifted free. It functions fine but whatever it operates on the back end does not work free (so far anyway) Does anyone have any experience fixing such an issue? Can anyone recommend a Greater Denver area gunsmith that would have any expertise in vintage gun repair? Any along the I-70 corridor 'tween Denver and KC?

This is one of those times that living hours from anything or anywhere is a bit of a problem.

IMG_4946.JPG

I live up north near fort collins. There is a gunsmith at Rocky Mountain Shooters Supply by the name of Chuck. He is amazing and has been gunsmithing for an eternity. I recommend him as he has fixed some very vintage firearms for me in the past. I know it's not the denver area. Just trying to help though.

When I inherited a 16 ga Parker from my grandfather I couldn't get the barrels off either. I took it to Hill Rod and Gun in Bozeman and Charlie replaced a spring I believe in the release mechanism. It works great now. Bozeman isn't very handy from Denver but if you could get it up there I'm sure he could take care of it for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtbirdandbiggamehunter
Back