Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pants for the tall...

huntinsonovagun

Hey guys, I’m so tired of buying pants that don’t fit. I’m 6’4” and about 170. Try as I may, I can’t put on any weight. I’ve searched high and low for some good hunting pants that would fit a guy like me, but nothing yet. I have the same problem with regular jeans, but if you pony up enough cash, they’re out there (jeans that fit).

I hunt Oklahoma turkeys and whitetails, hoping to venture west this year for pronghorn. For deer I’ll just throw on insulated bibs, so really any good pant (that fits as it should) would work. Really need about a 36” inseam with a 30-32 waist. Thanks for any help...

Hey guys, I’m so tired of buying pants that don’t fit. I’m 6’4” and about 170. Try as I may, I can’t put on any weight. I’ve searched high and low for some good hunting pants that would fit a guy like me, but nothing yet. I have the same problem with regular jeans, but if you pony up enough cash, they’re out there (jeans that fit).

I hunt Oklahoma turkeys and whitetails, hoping to venture west this year for pronghorn. For deer I’ll just throw on insulated bibs, so really any good pant (that fits as it should) would work. Really need about a 36” inseam with a 30-32 waist. Thanks for any help...

Sorry for the triple post guys. Please delete the other two. Showed it as a problem on my end when I posted the others...I swear, I’ve posted in other forums before 😜

You're going to have difficulty with that length. The best I can usually find is 34". Kuiu can be let out to a 35 if you can get a 34 inseam in the waist size you need.

See if companies make un-hemmed pants. I'm in the same boat as you and I've found that if I can get un-hemmed pants a local taylor will hem them to the proper length for a few dollars.

Depends a little on what type of pant and material you're after and what you budget is. The NW Alpine Thielsen is a great all around 3 season mountain pant that is available with a custom inseam. Not cheap though. The owner of the company is pro-hunting if that's important to you, all made in USA. I just like their stuff so I've used it for a number of years. It won't work for the custom pant pricing, but starting today at 12 Pacific they have 40% off of everything for a couple of days. Their black spider hoody is basically a Patagonia R1, cut for skinny long armed people. Anyway, it's an option. Link: NW Alpine Custom Inseam Collection

I used to have the same problem but then I had got a desk job and had 3 kids. Now I'm 6'4" and 226lb. Most companies 36s or 38s have a long enough length.

With that said just buy whatever and get some kenetrek gaiters. Nobody will ever see the gap.

I replied on one of your other posts but I couldn't find it again..I have heard great things about Prana for tall guys and that will probably be my next pair. At 6'4" 225 I am in the same boat as far as height goes and I was really impressed with the Corrugate Guide Pants from First Lite. Their Large Tall has plenty of length and they are very comfortable. I have worn them from 80 degrees down to about 10 degrees (in the same week...that's archery elk in Montana for ya) and I am a fan of them. Definitely worth a look.

That's why they make gaiters right? I'm 6'1 and wear 34x36. I have always just dealt with a short pants leg and normally just compensated with tall boots to help make up the difference.

I'm 6'7" and have the same issue. In the past I had success with cabelas brand pants that you could have hemmed to length. Now that they are run by Bass Pro I imagine that is no longer an option. For warm weather/pronghorn hunts I just wear military BDUs. I wear Large-EXlong and they fit me like my khakis with a 36" inseam. The marpat or multicam patterns are good for early season hunts out west. And on the bright side, you can pick them up for $30-40/pair.

I replied on one of your other posts but I couldn't find it again..I have heard great things about Prana for tall guys and that will probably be my next pair. At 6'4" 225 I am in the same boat as far as height goes and I was really impressed with the Corrugate Guide Pants from First Lite. Their Large Tall has plenty of length and they are very comfortable. I have worn them from 80 degrees down to about 10 degrees (in the same week...that's archery elk in Montana for ya) and I am a fan of them. Definitely worth a look.

Definitely going to check this out. Thanks for the response....and sorry for the multiple posts 🤣

Just saw that the Corrugate Guide pants are 20% off while supplies last online if you were thinking of going that direction!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back