MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Palm Desert Coyote & Bobcat

Bowhunter60

Hey Guys,

I'm relatively new to the high desert area, and wanted to find out from those willing, where down here is a good place for coyote and bobcat on public land. I've tried a few times in the mountains surrounding Joshua Tree with little luck calling them in or seeing any for that matter.

Would anyone be willing to share a location for an afternoon/evening hunt for either of these?:hump:

Hey bowhunter. Read your post about the 22-250 round question. Then came here to see what was posted about Ca stuff saw this. Are you in Palm Springs proper? I'm up between Fresno and Bakersfield but I have some friends that are from Barstow area and another from the Blythe area. I could ask them if you'd like?

Aaron,

If you're willing to do that, I'd really appreciate it. I'm just outside of Palm Springs, a little south of there, but not to far. I'm familiar with both Barstow and Blythe, one up the 15 the other up the 10. Just let me know what they say, and if you can join, that would be great.

When I was stationed in 29 Palms I did some calling from Joshua Tree to I-40 (Kelso, Baker, Amboy...). I never got real serious, mostly because it was a pain to have a personal firearm on base, but there were quite a few coyotes and some bobcats around. There are plenty of guys working that area but it's still worthwhile I imagine. There is a ton of remote desert to explore.

Hey Bow update for ya. Talked to my buddy, he's originally from that area but doesn't do much coyote down there. He's trying to get me in contact with his bro-in-law who still lives in that area. Bonus as well he loves hunting coyotes. I'll let you know once I get more info.

Back