Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Packable ground blind for pronghorn- advice wanted

lifesupport4u

I am looking for info on hunting from a blind for pronghorn.

This is my first year applying for archery pronghorn. I plan to hunt from a blind on a water source. Does it need to be up before the season ? How long before?

Any recommendations on packable ground blind?

Thanks

I like to have one set up a few days before hunting out of it. That being said, one time I set it up for the first time and killed a buck an hour later. So there is my non answer.

I like to have one set up a few days before hunting out of it. That being said, one time I set it up for the first time and killed a buck an hour later. So there is my non answer.
What this guy stated. We also set one up (next to a fenced in oil well) next to a waterhole. Had one down 1 1/2 hours on the first day. I think that the biggest thing is to figure out where (specifically) they like to drink at the waterhole (which side). As for a blind, I just used a Double Bull 360. The new "see through 180" is only 22 lbs. Good luck. Take lots of food and water if it's a long day.

What Miller said. Xenex blinds are the best I’ve seen/used.

Attachments

• FB899B2D-A9BC-4A12-97AA-ECDF2E8EF1FB.jpeg
    FB899B2D-A9BC-4A12-97AA-ECDF2E8EF1FB.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 27
I've arrowed 3 out of a Doghouse portable blind. Set it up about 30yds from a water hole. When theyre pressured badly you'll have the older, more experienced goats hang back when they see it, but a lot of the time, they'll walk around and get a real good look and decide its safe to come on in. 2 of the 3 bucks I shot this way were pretty nice, but it did take them some time. They hung around for about an hour keeping a real close eye on the blind. If they determine it's just an inanimate object, they'll settle down.

If you're hunting public, I wouldn't leave it. That's just me. Don't want it to walk off, but I also just don't think thats the right thing to do.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back