PA deer season begins!

Elkhunter24

PA deer rifle season begins tomorrow(Saturday 27th) it will run for 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone going out and please share your photos whether your successful or not! I know I can’t wait to get to camp and enjoy it with my family and friends. Be safe!!

Last few days have been rough. Haven’t seen a deer. Been scouting new ground everyday trying to find them. Anyone else having any luck?

Only hunted the first weekend in Susquehannock State Forest. Not much shooting. Only saw 1 little 4 pt on Saturday and nothing on Sunday. Didn't even see fresh tracks with 2 inches of fresh snow from Saturday night.

Hunted four days in Delaware State Forest, Pike county. Didn't see a single deer. Heard very little shooting, especially given the concurrent buck/doe season this year, and bear being open as well.

It was a tough season at our camp in central PA. We got 7 bucks and 4 does. I was able to get a decent 8 point. It’s big woods where we hunt and all public. Didn’t see many people hunting or much shooting.
I am in eastern PA and it was tough. Opening day we had high winds with not much movement. I was fortnate to score on a nice 6pt. which happened to be bedded down 80 yds in front of me, only I didn't know it. He popped up when 4 doe came in to bed down about 15yds from him. Took the shot and about 10 other doe popped up and took off. Sunday we got light snow and nothing moved. Monday back to the high winds. Not many shots taken and also not as many people out either to get them moving.

I am in eastern PA and it was tough. Opening day we had high winds with not much movement. I was fortnate to score on a nice 6pt. which happened to be bedded down 80 yds in front of me, only I didn't know it. He popped up when 4 doe came in to bed down about 15yds from him. Took the shot and about 10 other doe popped up and took off. Sunday we got light snow and nothing moved. Monday back to the high winds. Not many shots taken and also not as many people out either to get them moving.
I don’t think the people hunt like they used to in PA. I do think all the snow killed off some deer as we didn’t see the numbers like we did in the past.

I don’t think the people hunt like they used to in PA. I do think all the snow killed off some deer as we didn’t see the numbers like we did in the past.
I can tell you in prior years driving up to the Blue, there would be a line of vehicles in front of me heading up to the PGC parking lots. Now I am pretty much the only truck.

I can tell you in prior years driving up to the Blue, there would be a line of vehicles in front of me heading up to the PGC parking lots. Now I am pretty much the only truck.
I think it will only get worse as you don’t see the young kids out hunting. The older generations are passing away. We talk about this every year at our camp.

Made it out only 2X due to the flu. Saw 2 bucks, one good 8 but no shot and a 4 pt @ 25 yards. Shot a doe in archery and a mulie buck in MT so plenty of venison in the freezer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back