Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

PA bear season!

Elkhunter24

Well the PA bear season is almost here. It starts this Saturday for in line and archery and goes until next Saturday. We hunt in a crew. We know where the feed is and some bears are. I won’t be posting a day by day but after the season I will post a recap of the hunt. Good luck to anyone else going out!!

Looks like rain saterday for central pa. Should be fun, but hope the wind doesn't kick up to much. Dang bears are like silent ninjas.

good luck! saw one up in potter county 2 weekends ago a few hours after setting up camp. i used to venture down for bear season and stay the week for the first few days of deer season, with the latest changes i just come down around thanksgiving and hunt the combined a bit longer.

how is it hunting with a group in october compared to a group in november?

If you hunted the groceries for 2 weeks in potter county with a muzzleloader and didn't get a bear I would be shocked.

Well fellas I was able to put a tag on a bear Wednesday of the muzz season. He weighed in at 220. It was a tough year for the crew. Only got 3 and a few got away. Warm weather and rain made it tough. Crew will get back together for archery season and rifle. Lots of sign of them but just roaming with the warm weather.

Attachments

• C17E5018-C02D-46F7-B04E-8C6C4B47EB5B.jpeg
    C17E5018-C02D-46F7-B04E-8C6C4B47EB5B.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 25
good luck! saw one up in potter county 2 weekends ago a few hours after setting up camp. i used to venture down for bear season and stay the week for the first few days of deer season, with the latest changes i just come down around thanksgiving and hunt the combined a bit longer.

how is it hunting with a group in october compared to a group in november?
It’s a little different. A lot warmer in mid October. The bears are roaming more and not staying in a smaller area getting ready for winter.

just talked to my dad in central pa, not a lot of damage in the corn fields that the gang checked out, lots of vehicles at the parking lots. didn't hear any shots but did hear of one bear shot within a mile of the first drive but nothing exciting for the group today.

i'll be down for the deer/bear combo so we'll see what happens then

No bears for my buddy and I. Hunted Tioga and Potter Sat, Sun, Mon. Little sign, didn't find many acorns either.
i'll send you a PM where we saw the bear a few months ago, think there were decent acorns but a handful of camps in the area too

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back