PA bear season

Elkhunter24

Good morning HT!
PA bear season starts this weekend with the first ever muzzleloader season for them here and its in for a week. Anyone out there hunting this season?

I will be out but I will be archery hunting for whitetail, but I’m curious what the crowds will be like. I’m hoping to use it to my advantage and have the bear guys push some deer back towards me.

we have been seeing a lot of bears, hoping our crew can kill a few.

I’ve got quite a few in the area I’m hunting on cameras so I’m sure there will be some people out after them.

not going for muzzle loader but I always take a week off for archery bear Ive been lucky to get 3 and really want # 4 this year

For those of you that have taken a black bear in PA, how do you pack them out? Gutless method and quarter them? Also how do they taste? I’ve never had a desire to go after bear because I hear varying reports on the meat quality.

Couple of us from our normal crew will be out.

For those of you that have taken a black bear in PA, how do you pack them out? Gutless method and quarter them? Also how do they taste? I’ve never had a desire to go after bear because I hear varying reports on the meat quality.
usually I have been able to get a quad some what close with maybe a 100 to 200 yrd drag after gutting as far as taste bear are funny it depends on what they have eating if its corn and acorns they are good if they have been at a dump or garbage its not , and its real important to get it cool quick and all the fat off one of the big problems everyone want to show all their friends and they wait a day or 2 to get them cut up

We have a big enough crew for the most part we have dragged them out of the woods. Most of the time here in PA your not that far from a road. But the times we have been back in the mountains real far we have packed them out and took them to the check stations quartered up.

Biggest bear killed so far is 610lbs out of Monroe County. There's a bunch of old photos floating around like the 876lb bear that was actually from 2010 or some that are totally fake like 1062lb bear in Centre County

I didnt read the story but saw a news paper clip I guess I should have taken time to read it sorry guys lol

Good morning HT!
PA bear season starts this weekend with the first ever muzzleloader season for them here and its in for a week. Anyone out there hunting this season?
Nope was in wyoming

Back