Caribou Gear Tarp

Outside Magazine Article on the "Great Land Deal"

Cheaha

This is an interesting article regarding the public land transfer issue. http://www.outsideonline.com/2056806/devils-grand-bargain-rob-bishop-western-lands
It is from Outside Magazine which sometimes ignores the hunting and fishing community and sometimes seems slightly friendly. The author totally ignores hunting and fishing interests here, so I would like to know what involvement, if any, RMEF, BHA, and other hunting advocacy groups had in this Utah process. In my opinion, from the information presented here, the process itself was doomed to fail and where do they get off bargaining with OUR land like this? Being from Alabama, guess what, no one I know has ever heard of any of this.

I just read it myself and was coming here to post it up if no one else had. Given the source I'm not surprised our hunting or fishing interests our not mentioned. I do think it's good though that other outdoor interest media is getting on board with the coverage.

It was a long read on my phone and I'm going to have to go back and read it again. I am naturally suspect of any kind of deal that gives up our Federal land but I do think that the over idea of compromise is what's needed. I am a conservationist not a preservationist. I believe in wise use but distrust many in industry to follow wise use practices. One thing that jumped out at me was how much of this land would be put into areas that I'm not sure would allow access for hunting. I am also curious to know if organizations like the RMEF and other hunting groups have had a voice in any of this.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back