Outfitter Suggestions in CO

Hambone33

I have 12 PP for CO and this is the year! I am a NR looking for a guided hunt where I have a good chance of taking a mature 6X6 for a trophy. Prefer a ML hunt or 1st rifle. Any recommendations for me? If you had 12 PP what areas would you look at and who would you go with? Honest recommendations appreciated.

I would guess the 6x6 he's referring to would be that of the antelope variety. Actually, he's probably talking about elk since it's posted in the elk forum;)

I doubt you will get extensive outfitter recommendations from the "On Your Own" forum.

That being said, as a fellow NR I suggest you join the Huntin Fool magazine and interview some of their vetted outfitters. It would be a shame to waste all those points on an outfitter that promises the moon but doesn't deliver it. Good luck.

You have a chance to get into some very good zones, you may not need a outfitter in a high quality area, good luck.

Whats your budget? My son did a hunt through the CPW on the Toupal Ranch in GMU 851. I believe Sierra Grande Outfitters have the hunting rights to that place, but they are spendy. BUT I have never seen so many bulls concentrated like they were on that place! We saw two that would go 360" the night before the hunt started. Of course my son shot the first bull we called in about 2 minutes into the hunt (300" 6X6)

If they cost too much, Chris Jurney Outfitting in the northwest part of the State has some really nice places. I've never hunted with an outfitter, but I were too, he'd be the one for my budget.

Both are OTC area's, 851 is all private, thats why they get big down there. Its close to the Hill Ranch where Eastmans & Primos boys hunt

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back