Outfitter recommendations

tallcrow

Hey folks!
Looking to book a rifle elk hunt as a graduation gift for my son. It’s all he’s talked about for several years as his number one bucket list hunt and he’s earned it so it’s time to make it happen.

I’ve just started some research but am hopeful some of you have some may experience or knowledge of outfits you would recommend. Typically prefer “on your own” but for this one want to ensure a great experience and better chance for success. Open to any destination at this point so any and all input is welcomed and will be appreciated.

Thanks!

No specific state in mind but assuming CO will offer the most options. Yes, am planning 2022 although could do this year if the right opportunity turned up.

What kind of hunt are you wanting? Private land hunt? Big wilderness country with wall tents and long pack strings? Late season winter range hunt? Is money no object? Are you after a remote elk hunting experience or does a sky-high harvest success rate hold more priority?

I have gone twice with West Elk Wilderness Outfitters’s in Colorado and even though I didn’t get one the second year it was still a blast. It was a pack in on horseback public land hunt. Seems the average for these hunts in Colorado is 4,000

Hey folks!
Looking to book a rifle elk hunt as a graduation gift for my son. It’s all he’s talked about for several years as his number one bucket list hunt and he’s earned it so it’s time to make it happen.

I’ve just started some research but am hopeful some of you have some may experience or knowledge of outfits you would recommend. Typically prefer “on your own” but for this one want to ensure a great experience and better chance for success. Open to any destination at this point so any and all input is welcomed and will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Bruce Lindsey best of the west outfitters
Www.besstofthewestoutfitters.com

I would offer up reccomendation that if you know your going to us a outfitter why not apply in a state with benefit to such. Maybe something like NM?

Steve Copeland in NM or Black Timber outfitter NM both are awesome outfitters!!! Know both guys well. Would definitely recommend them. If you want there numbers let me know

If it was me I would decide where I wanted to hunt then look up the compartments in the area and see who has the permit to hunt them.

Lots of outfitters are going to be able to help you kill an elk, but why not find one who can get you into some country you would never get to see otherwise.

Rocking R Outfitters

Colorado Hunting Adventures

i know both outfitters well and you are in great hands with either.

I've only had one guided hunt in my life but it was wonderful. Montana Wilderness Lodge Outfitter in the Bob. It's a tough hunt, but the real deal in wilderness hunts. You won't see as many elk as in other states or regions, but you can bugle with a rifle and you'll be in one of the wildest, most beautiful places in the world. I hunted it in 2019. Six hunters in camp, three 6-point bulls to show for it. A father and son from Milwaukee double-tapped a pair of bulls and I guarantee they will never, ever forget it.

Talk with your son about what he would like out of the experience.

I would go with a wilderness experience myself, either the Bob Marshall or the Thorofare region. My brother in law and a friend hunted in the Thorofare last fall. While the weather totally sucked, my brother in law killed a good 6 point bull.

i used http://www.mttrophy.com/ last year for my cow elk hunt... i now know why they outfitter cost so much, the other guides who didnt have clients were out glassing all day for elk for us or other clients they had coming in...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back