Caribou Gear Tarp

Outdoor Opportunities

asdew1880

I've got a chance to relocate with my current employer between three main geographies: Suburban Philadelphia, Gulf Coast of TX south of Houston, and the TRI cities area of MI. Job opportunities have different aspects but the outdoor opportunities vary greatly (I'm guessing). I love squirrel hunting with dogs and general hunting on public lands. Anyone familiar with these areas and have some pros/cons in the hunting cultures and things to do in these areas? I can find almost everything else on Google ;) I typically take 1-2 trips out west for big game hunting as well.

Limited public land close to Philly and it gets very crowded. Driving an hour or two north gets you 100k+ acres of public in the Poconos but it can still be busy. Plenty of squirrrels, but hunting them with dogs might be difficult due to the size of public lands. Most local lakes have warm water fish, Delaware River available for both warm and cool water species. Trout in many of the local streams. Not too far to saltwater in Delaware.
Areas within an hour of Philly are bow or shotgun only for deer but seasons are pretty long. Can get up to I think six tags for doe, only one buck tag tho for all seasons.
Hiking, biking, canoeing all available in the area as well. I live about an hour north of Philly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back