Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Outdoor Art

Irrelevant

I've been thinking more and more about getting some higher quality original or limited prints artwork for the house. It has to be wildlife or nature related. I really only have two that are keepers, one DeYoung signed print I love, plus a cool Ryan Kirby print. Anyone else have any artists they really like and what to point me toward? Also, any hot tips on buying art?

1604505875689.png

1604505892278.png

Here you are my friend, I have bought from this site for Pheasants Forever and MDF banquets.

Ebay is pretty solid too.

As for artists I compiled a list not long ago when I was looking to pickup some prints.

Leon Parson is pretty well known in western states
Terry Redlin (Midwesterner obviously #1)
Rosemary Millette
Tom/Manuel Manzanarez
Michael Sieve
Jim Kasper
Allan Schwindt

Up and comers I know of are

Joel Pilcher (mostly black and white, I own 3 of his prints)
Matt Doyle

Check out Kerry Siderius, local watercolor nature scenes, doesn't seem to have much on the web though.

Ryan Skidmore has some really nice wildlife prints and drawings.

Chet Reneson offers some very nice and affordable prints on his website. If i were more tech savvy I’d send a link, but the Google machine can take you there.

@neffa3 my wife showed me some of the wildlife pieces that this guy has made, and it made me think of this thread. Not all of his stuff is wildlife specific, but really cool collage work nonetheless:

@neffa3 my wife showed me some of the wildlife pieces that this guy has made, and it made me think of this thread. Not all of his stuff is wildlife specific, but really cool collage work nonetheless:

Dude that is cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

I should also mention there's a couple guys on IG that are pumping out some cool art. @cpunderwood and @cabraam

I haven’t seen Bev Doolittle mentioned yet. Her work is interesting and used to be very popular. Also, Bob White.

We have quite a few hanging here. I have 4 by Don Kloetzke. Several others of those already mentioned plus a few more. Seems like the only ones NOT signed and numbered are the Terry Redlin prints!

Don't forget about the resident artist, Big Sky!

For me I'm more of a photo guy than painting/drawing and would hit up an original from one of the posters here...
I got a wood-burning from him a while back. It's displayed and enjoyed!

If you decide to look for a bronze sculpture it is hard to find better than Tim Shinabarger. I hear he might be getting back in to painting in the future.

Growing up in the Midwest Terry Redlin was a big one. I also grew up near the birthplace of Les Kouba. Another great artist who really paints great scenes from the upper Midwest.

Back