Our deer season is finally over

JB Florida

We wrapped it up yesterday.

I made it hunting a total of 8 days and some of those were half days!
Thats pretty low as I usually get in 20 or more of the 110 day deer season.

The hurricane really goofed up my off schedule as well as the deer travel patterns in our area. So many big hardwoods are down that the travel patterns have totally changed!

I did get a big buck with my boy (3 now) and couple of does the last few days but did not connect on the big one I was looking for.

I shot my first ever buck with a bow (after passing up over a hundred to-date) He was a solid P&Y class deer and he sank lung hit in the big creek :BLEEP: with the area flooding for such a long period the water was 18' deep and fast moving so he was just gone

To top it off I missed a huge buck (for here) at short range with my rifle.
He busted in on me coming to a snort wheeze on the down wind side.......man that call is AWESOME! I have never had anything come into to it under 3-1/2 years old.
It was a mystery miss ........... not a drop of blood or hair and I was able to follow his tracks in the swamp for almost 500 yards (and half of the day)

It has sure been fun though!!!!!!!!!!
I was just reflecting that if that storm had landed 10 miles to the west I probably would not have a house and be in trouble with business as many in my area are. Life is sure good and I cant wait for next season.

Sea ya in the woods! (and on the hunttalk video)

Sounds like you got some time in !!! You guys with them late seasons, Ours have ben over so long now it's almostthis years season ;)

Hurricane hurt us also

Hey JB, we also were hurt by the Hurricanes, our lease is just west of Avon Park and all three storms paid us a visit. The hardwoods of 2003 were a mess, although we did manage to have a decent acorn harvest.
Please keep your eyes and ears open, myself and a couple of friends are looking to make a move to a new lease. We have teenage sons and need a place that will accept kids.
So if you know of any decent clubs or leases? Please send me an email or call me collect at 305 796 8791.

God Bless America,
Ed Gator708

Back