Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ouch!!

MarvB

For all (like myself) you carbon shooters out there :eek:

arrow110-21-04Small.jpg

arrow410-21-04Small.jpg

arrow510-21-04Small.jpg

Now that is just plain ugly. I try and check my carbons for cracks, breaks whatever every few weeks or so. But I think I will check every hour from now on.

Ouch is right!!
Don't the carbons have all of the fibers in them that can splinter off?
Looks like it has done a lot of splintering already..
Good luck to whosever hand that is...

Don't know the "story" behind the pics but I do know I'm gonna check my Gold Tips a bit more often than I have in the past. I'm pretty adament about checking my knocks for cracks (guess thats better than checking my crack vor knocks :p ) but I rarely check the shaft.

...I will now though!

I can only imagine all those little carbon spliters that must still be inside that poor bastages hand :eek:

It looks like it could possibly be a Carbon Express shaft but I would hate to be on the receiving end of that deal. WOW!! Simply put, that just looks painful.

That'll sting a little. Carbons just decide to blow when its there time. I guy at our club had an Easton Redline come apart on release, but he got a relatively clean hole through his forearm.

The real fat diameter, thin walled aluminum shafts do this occasionally too. I shot 2512's as my line cutting tournament arrow and the walls would crack regularly.

yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats almost enough to go back to aluminum................ nah that carbons just to fast

Definitley a Carbon Express.

That's gonna leave a mark for sure.

I had one blow up on the string but didn't splinter like that. Sacred me so bad a little pee came out but didn't get hurt at all.

Check them and check them and check them shafts.

My uncle had the exact same thing happen although it was back in the early 80s when aluminum was just making its strong hold over the old fiberglass arrows...his was a fiberglass.

Yikes!! i had a few close calls myself. I was shooting a 3d course this summer and i noticed one of my arrows was flying funny. Didnt see anything and shot it again. The arrow broke clean in half in mid flight and the front half hit the target and the fletch half fell to the ground 10 feet short. Very odd that an arrow would break in half instead of splinter. Just goes to show you never know what will happen.

You ever find an old carbon in the woods and run your hand up it? Those little splinters must be all over in the wound. Not something I want to happen. :eek:

Ouch is right. Dang!!! %##%^#!! Man......

I shoot Gold Tips at high poundage and I have visions of chit like that now and again..... "Scared me so bad a little pee came out" Is right on the money!

Dude i switch to using a gun if u can no way that nasty like one of those er things looks bad hope ur ok :) i know now nexttime one ask me about using bow i htink this is what it about i wont i do soemthin stupid me blond :eek:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back