Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

ouch!!!! (PICS)

oldoregon

The grinder in the metals shop at school ate my finger. Fortunatly it spit it back out. I wont have any feeling in the tip though, the nerves all got cut. I wish that I had a picture of the wound when it was fresh (there were grinder marks in the bone!) It took 11 shots of novacain to numb it up, so that they could reaattach it.

O.O. MAn boy, You need to watch yourself !!!!

That sure doesn't look pretty. I'd say thanx for sharing but I didn't need to see that ..... OUCH is right !!!!!!!

tha's gonna hurt for awhile-you can never be too carefull with power tools-is it your trigger finger???...chris

Ouch OO, do that a few more times and we'll have to start calling you frankenstein.

It's amazing to me how many injuries like this occur in school shops. I may still hold the record for "accident reports" filed, both in a semester and for career. The worst thing I ever did was get my finger caught between the belt and the guard on the belt sander and sanded off my entire fingernail. That throbbed for DAYS!

OOOHHHHH welcome to the club. I'm missing 1/2" of my left index finger. Cut it clean off in high school doing wheelies on a John Deere. I should have put that guard back on before the test drive. They reattached the nail and I still have part of my original finger print, makes it hella hard to play guitar.

Did you cry :BLEEP: :BLEEP: :BLEEP: :BLEEP: ???? I bet that did hurt. See that's why I didn't take shop classes in high school...I took first aid classes...LOL LOL LOL Glad to hear that we won't be able to call you stumpie though.
Quick Draw

I didn't cry, but im not afraid to admit I wanted to. I just camly walked up to the teacher and said "i cut my finger, its not that bad, but it sure is bleedin' bad"

you shoulda seen the look on the nurses face (she was really good lookin too) when I was watching with rapt attention as the doctor put the stiches in. She was saying she would faint if she had to watch them do that to her... i though it was pretty funny.

damn i had 4 years of woodshop and never managed that...maybe you should stop checking out the other boys in class oldoregon ;)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back