OTC Mule deer Idea

Bowhuntr14

Hi guys, long story short me and my buddy had some mixed signals and we only applied for points this year in various states. Now we don't really have anything to plan for this year. Does anyone know of OTC mule deer tags and maybe a outfitter recomendation? We are looking to do a rifle hunt. I noticed Idaho might be an option but I have zero experience with that state so any information would be helpful.
Thanks for any help anyone an give.

Hi guys, long story short me and my buddy had some mixed signals and we only applied for points this year in various states. Now we don't really have anything to plan for this year. Does anyone know of OTC mule deer tags and maybe a outfitter recomendation? We are looking to do a rifle hunt. I noticed Idaho might be an option but I have zero experience with that state so any information would be helpful.
Thanks for any help anyone an give.
Wyoming has some high % draw units I think apps due June 1

There's not much in the world of OTC mule deer rifle tags but there's some OTC archery options. You'll get better advice if you give a little more info with what you're looking to do

There's not much in the world of OTC mule deer rifle tags but there's some OTC archery options. You'll get better advice if you give a little more info with what you're looking to do
We are just looking for a place to go that we have a chance at a decent deer. We realize it won't be a 200"+ type hunt but just looking for someplace to just have a good time and the chance to shoot a decent represenitive. Not interested in doing a western bow hunt this year.

We are just looking for a place to go that we have a chance at a decent deer. We realize it won't be a 200"+ type hunt but just looking for someplace to just have a good time and the chance to shoot a decent represenitive. Not interested in doing a western bow hunt this year.
I haven’t hunted Wyoming yet , I’ve had tags a few times but turned them back in due to other hunts . But I would think getting a chance at a decent deer would be doable but I do not have any experience there .

CO, AZ, WY, and ID draw tags are going to be your option unless you find landowner tags in a place like NM. I can't think of any OTC mule deer rifle tag options. CO app deadline is tomorrow. All of those states will have representative deer to chase if you can get a tag. A little research and you'll find somewhere to go. A GoHunt subscription is helpful for this kind of thing

West Texas might be another option since you’re interested in guided. Tags are guaranteed, all the hunting is on private.

Thanks for the help guys,

We didn't realize Colorado was still open so we applied there we will see what happens. Neve thought of Texas but might look there as well. Again thanks for all the help.

If you strike out in Colorado, snoop around online some for Nebraska OTC opportunities. Haven't tried it myself but there seem to be a few options out there.

pretty sure all of ID rifle tags are gone. Can keep an eye on returned tags

WA state has OTC mule deer tags, but it's about 11 days in Oct with high pressure and low success.

For those who don't know. Colorado extended the draw deadline to this Fri at 8pm.

So, you can still put in for tags right now or make a change if you want to.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back