OTC Ideas

Flatlander14

My father and I usually take one hunting trip West each year, sometimes North to Canada. We were going to skip this season due to some fall commitments we had, but with the Covid-19 lifestyle change our calendar has opened back up with the exception of the first 3 weeks of October. I was originally thinking we could buy some OTC antelope tags in WY and try chasing them around, but it looks like there isn't enough left over to plan for. My next thought was maybe a Nebraska Whitetail trip. He turns 70 this year and can no longer shoot a compound, so if it were in an Archery season he would need to be able to use a Crossbow. We aren't afraid to rack up some miles on the ground and are just looking for another adventure and maybe some meat for the freezer, any ideas are welcome as we try and salvage the 2020 season with another trip. I would prefer the option to truck camp with a night or two of spiking out if necessary. Just makes it easer with gear and food if possible. Thanks in advance.

Hunting in the Redwoods is cool.

Northern Idaho has whitetail seasons until Dec. 1st.

Reactions: LCH
California B zones ( NW corner) for blacktail, and get an OTC bear tag too.

Thanks, I should of mentioned we would be driving out from NJ. I have looked at the California Black Tail trips before, logistically it is a nightmare to make that drive. I think Idaho is the farthest we would go West this year. Thanks.

-Coues deer in Arizona
-Bear in Colorado
-Whitetail in Idaho or elsewhere

Maybe even mix it up and hunt hogs somewhere in the Southeast?

Thanks guys, leaning towards the Oklahoma, Wisconsin and maybe Nebraska ideas. Idaho would be nice, but I don’t think we are willing to do that drive again this year.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back