Caribou Gear Tarp

OSOK's Monster Whitetail

DeerKing

Here are a few pics of OSOK's deer, congrats on a helluva buck! Lets hear the story....
tman3.jpg

tman1.jpg

tman2.jpg

That's a hell of a 6X6.......I agree....let's here the story.......what a hog....congrats OSOK..... :eek:

Nice Buck ,AND Hunttalk.com Hat...... Ohh wait ?!?!?! ;)

Kudos on another fine critter bud !!!

All I can say is one thing. Thank you Primos!!!
I guess the last 10 months I've spent watching bubba channel network, did some good. When this boy stepped out we were having a tough time deciding on whether he was 5 1/2 or 6 1/2. ;)

Gross main frame is 189 w/ approximately 11 inches of extra. 25"+ main beams w/ nearly 44" of mass.

Thanks for looking.

Moosie,

The camo pattern you put on those things, works too well! I can't find mine!!! :( I was going to knock down a doe or 2 while we were on our hunt. But, figured this guy should suffice in the point department all by his lonesome. :D

Nice Trent. If I have it figured correctly, that buck is the point equivalent of 15 does. :eek: I think you made the right choice shooting the buck. :D :D I can't believe you still have one buck tag left to shoot. :eek:

Wow, nice buck. It looks like it's got double browtines. To me those second tines don't look like a typical G-2...Simply awesome!

189! Wow, the pic doesn't do it justice!

Awesome deer! Congrats. Sure thank Primos, and not even mention me... I get no respect I tell ya...

Who's team are you on? ;) Man I better start pulling my weight... again. :)

Smalls,

Actually he grosses right at 200 w/ the extras. He busted off 2" on his right g-4 as well... My buddy said the same thing about the g-2's, the way they grew. The shorter tines are what would be used for official scoring purposes. You're right though. He's simply amazing in person. Hard to show in pictures just how much mass he really carries.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Awesome whitetail! His hair looks a little ratty, is that from the field mount that you did?

He was real ratty and scarred up. We drug him out to the open for pics, so that's probably part of what you're seeing. Long life of scrapping, and I have a hunch whatever he came face to face w/ this year at least didn't stand much of a chance. The Taxi said we'll have to see how the cape turns out when it comes back from tanning. May have to buy a new one... Talk about one tick infested nasty dude.

Woops,

Sorry Bambi. Left you out again!!! :p Ya, you get "ALL" the credit for telling me to make sure I take a call... PS - Thanks! :D

200!

Not to call BS, cuz I know you kill big critters, but that doesn't look like a deer that scores 200! What do the G-3 and G-4's run? right around 9 1/2 or 10"? In the first pic, is that a sticker coming off the G-3 on the antler you're holding?

Like I said before, the pics don't do it justice!

Too each his own I guess. If you'd like I'd be happy to give you every measurement to the exact 1/8th, but to tell you the truth I didn't post a picture of the buck to gloat over his being a 200" whitetail of a lifetime, eventhough he is that... Maybe you've never held a 200" deer?!?! Maybe you have. But I'll tell you one thing, this deer is the most impressive animal in my collection, which is a tough thing for a mule deer nut like myself to swallow. He has 5 burr points, which all measure over 1 to nearly 2" plus a 3.5" exta on his left g-3. Which is where he comes to 11" of trash. As far as his score, I was very conservative on measurements that I took. I have had 4 bucks previously official scored, so I'm sorry if he still doesn't look big enough too you...

I'd be happy to bring pics in of him tomorrow which show the devil point/burr trash more easily. They are kind of tough to see w/ the hair on him. On the skull the show up fairly easily! ;)

I'm not bagging on you, I was just saying the pics don't do it justice. It is an incredibly impressive animal to say the least and I know trying to score an animal from a pic is tough to do.

Hell, if I shot a 200" whitie, I'd be gloating until my voice was horse!

The biggest whitey I've held scored in the 190" range, it was deceptive as well as it wasn't very wide, but his g-2's were 15" a piece (browtines were 12").

Wasn't it you that coined the term "Dinky dog rat deer"?

Back