Oregon Whitehorse deer rifle

I put in for 168B with the idea I'd get a point. I only had one point saved. I didn't really plan on hunting there. I just looked at the harvest report and the 1st choice picks and picked it. Last year rifle season produced 41% success. The forums I've read all say don't bother, or only try for muzzleloader. At this point I'm committed to the hunt and kind of looking forward to seeing the area. I have never been in the south east corner of the state before so it should be a cool vacation. Has anyone on here hunted that area and had success?

My girlfriends Brother lives in Idaho about an hour and a half from there. He's pretty excited for me. Thinks it should be good. Looking at satellite pics I will definitely follow the valleys that either hold water or have green still in them. Lots of sitting and glassing. 274 other fart-knockers will be up there. I have a feeling I'll be able to avoid them. I do have an Idaho tag too. Regs over there are a little tricky. No more than 2 pts on one side. I read it and thought it was 2 or more but it isn't. I might just avoid Idaho on this leg unless I can see over the border and have nothing on my side. We've got a hunt planned at the end of October in central Idaho that should be more productive.
Hopefully it's not all crazy with dirtbikers....

Not a lot of deer but have seen some respectable bucks on the east side of the unit. Find water or guzzlers as it can be dry.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back