Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Oregon help wanted

cornfed

My nephew made the long move from Iowa out to Klamath Falls, Oregon last summer.I know hunting and applying for tags out there will be a lot different and would like him to take advantage of all the opportunities.I'm looking for someone to maybe exchange a few emails or a phone call .Heck if you live in the area and don't mind him tagging along he may be up for that also.He is a good kid that loves to hunt and fish and I just want the transition to go well.If interested in helping send a pm and I'll get you an email address.Thanks.

Dude, I'm not in oregon, but if he wants to come hunt deer in ID, I can show him a lot of country, no deer that I've found, but a ton of hills to walk up.

The hunting is very good in eastern oregon. I didn't hunt there long but we were able to shoot bears, buffalo deer and rabbits all in the same trip.

I can't speak about western oregon because I floated the river to the valley.

Of course this was all back in the 1800's and I was just hunting to survive.

I sure do miss that old Oregon Trail game.

Cornfed
I grew up down out of Klamath Falls, but now havent hunted there in 15 years. The beauty is there is a lot of public land a short drive from there with very good mule deer and antelope hunting. The tags are pretty hard to draw though. Also may sound funny, but apply for some of the CA tags right accross the border. I have seen one 30 in mulie come out of there, and the antelope tag I drew at 16 years old, I killed an 82 in goat. If waterfowl is something he wants to hunt, no better place that I can think of. Lower Klamath Refuge sits right on the border with hunting in both states, and Tulelake refuge is all in CA. Some of the best duck and goose hunting in the country right there. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back