Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Oregon continued....Final installment....the big....and the little

Very good story. Thanks for all of the posts and pictures.

BTW- only thing in the world I agree with Jose about is the rusty truck!

KICK "A" Marv !!!! Sounds like a Good hunt.

Don't worry about Jose's and Cano's Comments on the Rust, I've seen both of their pickups :D

LOL Thanks Mooseman....no prob with Gunner/Canoe, the rust buggy belonged to a friend of Mike1 and was used for the little 11th hour retrieve.

We were styling in a -06 diesel crewcab Chev w/all the bells and whistles ;)

2006_0901Image0064.jpg

You'll be bouncing bunnies the sage rats are sleepy night night until February. Good luck with the C zone. I hunted there once west of MacDoel. It snowed which was good. I ran into and scared the chit out of Sunflower and Dreadlocks. Sunflower was sporting cowbells on her feet and Dreadlocks had on a "Meat is murder" T-shirt. That sucked. Then when I left (alone which Im pleased Sunflower) I get to the road and it looked like a NASCAR track. My question is why wear camo if your road hunting? Every single damn one of them were camo'd WTF is that? Got off the hill and there had to be 150 deer in a posted alfalfa field right at the base.

If you get up here give a holler.

Marv, I have NO idea how I missed this the first time around, but I have to tell you it was beyond being an excellent read. I put in for Fossil as my first Oregon choice 2 years ago, but drew my 2nd... now I know what I was missing.
My brother, a buddy and I pulled a triple in Nevada 6 years ago, and your story reminds me a lot of that hunt. I like the Duromax Chev/GMC so much I'm gonna get one in a few weeks. Thanks for taking us all on your hunt. You're a handsome, magnificent bastard -just like me... (in my dreams). Dave

Went back and read your saga again 'cause it was such a good read. I'm actually writing a book on hunting and you gave some perspective as to how I should have been doing it. Good stuff, Marv. Really, you should write a book yourself.
Speaking of the Chevy Duramax Silverado, I just picked mine up this Sunday. I'll let you know how she drives after they restart my heart after it stopped at the dealership from the stickershock. ($41k!!!!) Dave

Thanks Dave, and good luck with the new ride! You'll be easy to pick out up here this Fall....most the folks that live around your property spent less than that for their houses! ;)

Yeah Marv, that's what I get for working for a living. Gotta dip into the honey jar every once in a while. This truck isn't a 'keep up with the Jones ride' either. It's gonna get dirty and blasted between states on hunting trips and hauling supplies up to the property... in otherwords I'm gonna use it to death. The old '83 F150 totally fit in like a local, now they'll see me coming for miles.
No really, I ain't kidding -you really should think about captializing on your literary capabilities and write a book about your adventures. I use the same tougue-in-cheek demeanor in the stuff I write... much more intertaining that some guys who insist on bragging on how great a hunter they want you to believe are -but aren't. Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back