Oregon Blacktail General Western Deer 2016

Buckjayj

I'm just wondering if anyone out there is hunting the Oregon General Western Deer 2016. Don't see to much about it anywhere, Oregon period. Anybody out there?

Buck

hell Ya , im out here !!! im hunting BLACKTAIL !!! 12 days left till oct 1, guess you missed my post on sept 11th when i posted this pic of 2 legal blacktail bucks from the scappoose unit taken sept 10
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Me too! General season plus a 615 tag for me as well. My wife also has a 615 tag.

Hey I'm still new to hunting just started again in 2013 what's the 615 tag, got the ODFW book out now looking, oh ..... is that a willamette unit hunt ? holy crap ! its says over 10,000 people applied for 3,000 tags in 2015 , if thats the tag u got, its an any deer tag ?

Last edited:
Hey I'm still new to hunting just started again in 2013 what's the 615 tag, got the ODFW book out now looking, oh ..... is that a willamette unit hunt ? holy crap ! its says over 10,000 people applied for 3,000 tags in 2015 , if thats the tag u got, its an any deer tag ?

Any deer it is! Hard part is finding a place to hunt but if you have a spot it's a good tag to have.

I have 2 to harvest, General and the 615 tag.

The driftboat will be the hunting rig of choice the 615 hunt.

I plan on hunting high in the cascades for a buck. And maybe some private ground I have exclusive access on down on the south coast. The predators have seemed to have thinned out the herd there though.

I really wish , hunters could use dogs again to hunt predators , there doing DAMAGE ! People passed a stupid law without knowing or thinking about the effects to the others animal species , it's shameful :mad: then ODFW hires out of state hunt teams with dogs to try to address the areas now over run with Cougars .

To All:

New to this post it stuff. Been busy the past few. I'll read'm all and get back.

Tails Up.

Got just general western, and an upland bird. Gotta have some mountain chicken. Have to look up 615.

Planning thus far on go'n north of Olallie Butt a bit. Look'n at it for a long time. Now I gotta go in and scout it. Hope to be there the 29th, give me 2 days scout. Oh! And also go to TOPOZONE.COM You can get topo maps of an area but ya gotta play with it a bit and do some image captures. But their stuff is good. Use GreenShot for the image capture, it's a free PC app.

Last edited:
You got a GPS that will take an SD card? onXHunt map. Show's were all the private land is,who owns it. and all pubic land. It's also topographic. You can get it state specific. So far I'm love'n it. I now know I can walk 10 minutes out my front door and be on BLM land and on OUR PUBLIC LAND. Go general, on your own public land hunt. Oregon Bureau of Land Management should have maps that show land ownership that you can get. Just ask. And use Google Earth.

Let the sportsman go in where need be. Be it varmits or big game. It must be managed. And as our place as hunters and fisherman in this, we are the conservators.

You got a GPS that will take an SD card? onXHunt map. Show's were all the private land is,who owns it. and all pubic land. It's also topographic. You can get it state specific. So far I'm love'n it. I now know I can walk 10 minutes out my front door and be on BLM land and on OUR PUBLIC LAND. Go general, on your own public land hunt. Oregon Bureau of Land Management should have maps that show land ownership that you can get. Just ask. And use Google Earth.

I just buy the warehauser pass to hunt the units close to my place , I get a limited entry pass to hunt timber company property , I get a key to several gates to let myself in and out , it's about 110,00 acres I can access between the saddle mtn and scappoose units , I don't have a gps yet so having the pass I don't have to worry about where I'm at , plus they send u a map in the package, paid 275 this year , plus u can cut 2 cords of wood included in the price , i can access the land from August 1 2016 till 25 June 2017 , it works for me as I can hunt from home everyday. They only sell 600 passes a year

Last edited:
NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcb2000
Back