Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ordered a Bell & Carlson Medalist for the Howa 1500 308 from Midway... Fitment Issues and B&C Customer Service.

Jchiggins2012

Ordered a Bell and Carlson Medalist for the Howa 1500 to replace the hogue stock with something more rigid.

I got a funky one off fitment. You can tell how its bowed on the bottom metal and proud. Bad fitment on tang, looks like it didn't get machined out good. Little chips all over.

And of course the barrel is crashed up against the right side pretty fierce. It is not just sitting there. It is PRESSED up against.

Besides all that the stock looks cool and is really nice in the hands..

Bell and Carlson has provided excellent support and concurs that the stock is a misfit bastard that they shall fix/replace. Hopefully the next one fits better. And Ill continue to post pictures for anyone thinking about buying one of these.

IMG_1421.jpgIMG_1420.jpgIMG_1417.jpgIMG_1418.jpg

I hate you got a bad one. I've only bought 5 B&C stocks, but they've all been a true drop in with no issues.

The only McMillan stock I bought, on the other hand, was a disaster. I had to send it back 3 times.

I've had two B&C stocks that didn't fit the Weatherby Mark V at all, which is interesting because my Vanguard ones all fit beautifully.

One of them I modified to work because I thought it was a fluke. When the second one was just as bad or worse I called them a few times and they didn't believe it. They wanted me to send them the stock and the rifle. Ah, no.
I've gone to using their Accumark type of stock for the Mark V if I want them to fit, because the one for the #2 barrel sure doesn't.

Yep kinda weird. Here is my theory....... This was the last one in stock at Midway USA and they just keep shipping it back out after its returned... JK I have no idea how it happens. Might be a lack of QC at BC.

Or maybe they check every 5th one. If its a line manufacturing process, one is bound to come out wonky.. At least the lady there is super nice. If they make me pay for Return Shipping. I might just send it back to Midway, put the hogue back on and leave the HOWA alone and be done with B&C. Not that I have anything against them, just dont like spending 300$ on faulty products and having to pay RTN shipping.

We'll see how it plays out.

I've had two B&C stocks that didn't fit the Weatherby Mark V at all, which is interesting because my Vanguard ones all fit beautifully.

One of them I modified to work because I thought it was a fluke. When the second one was just as bad or worse I called them a few times and they didn't believe it. They wanted me to send them the stock and the rifle. Ah, no.
I've gone to using their Accumark type of stock for the Mark V if I want them to fit, because the one for the #2 barrel sure doesn't.

I was looking for a stock for my 65 Mark V 300 , Id love to find a custom carver out there who would make up a nice wood stock with an elk engraved in or something. Good call on not sending the rifle haha, that has bad news written all over it.

I was looking for a stock for my 65 Mark V 300 , Id love to find a custom carver out there who would make up a nice wood stock with an elk engraved in or something. Good call on not sending the rifle haha, that has bad news written all over it.
Look at aigunstocks.com or contact Joel Russo.

Be curious to see you post back after you get new stock. I've been looking at the BC for a Vanguard I picked up from the Walmart sale.

B&C ain’t bad at all, but there’s a reason that McMillan and Manners are a lot more expensive(although excessively so). That said, most aftermarket stocks assume a little fitting will be done by a gunsmith. I usually lurk for deals on used McMillans, and expect a little fitting work whether I’m buying new or used.

Be curious to see you post back after you get new stock. I've been looking at the BC for a Vanguard I picked up from the Walmart sale.
I've used several with no issues.
I bed them, then remove the forend bumps so the barrel is free floated.
Works like a charm.

Its a really nice stock, and im excited to get a properly milled one back. A little bit a fitment is expected. My stock was just milled all funky no fitment would fix it, BC confirmed this to me last week and said they are working on it. Ill post pictures of the new one when it comes in.

Well BC got a new stock back to me and wow. The quality is great. It looks about a 100x cleaner and has no recoil lug wiggle, no figment issues what so ever.

They were quick and responsive. I’ll probably order more.

Attachments

• 1449BFA7-1F8E-46AE-9E22-2A7545A76021.jpeg
    1449BFA7-1F8E-46AE-9E22-2A7545A76021.jpeg
    961.8 KB · Views: 30
  • CCBDBD55-0062-44D7-8CDA-57599390FD9F.jpeg
    CCBDBD55-0062-44D7-8CDA-57599390FD9F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 5E3735D9-7F42-4DB2-BB8D-4B086A22C6B6.jpeg
    5E3735D9-7F42-4DB2-BB8D-4B086A22C6B6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Glad they were able to make things right for you. Let us know how it shoots.

Back