Caribou Gear Tarp

Opinions on a load

Whitetail_kid

Hello everyone. New to the forum. Question about a load I’ve developed in my CA Ridgeline 7mag. The load I have developed is 70 grains retumbo with a 160 accubond flying 3150. Very accurate. 1 inch group at 300 yards. Hoping to use this load on an aoudad this fall. And some hogs. How does everyone think this load will perform? Is it going too fast and think it will pencil through or anything? Or is about right? Unfamiliar with the bullets performance in the field. Thanks.

Last edited:
You are done with load development, get off the bench and spend some time shooting from position. Accubonds are proven performers.

Any issues with bolt lift, or pressure signs? 3150 is really fast with a 160 and a 7mag, but maybe its an estimate or missprint?

That load will kill well. I've taken a lot of animals with those bullets and 7mag and 280rem combo, big and small.

Any issues with bolt lift, or pressure signs? 3150 is really fast with a 160 and a 7mag, but maybe its an estimate or missprint?

That load will kill well. I've taken a lot of animals with those bullets and 7mag and 280rem combo, big and small.
Nope. According to the Chronograph 3150 average. Not an ejector mark, no bolt lift, notta.

If everything you say is correct, then I'd say there's nothing on this side of the pond I wouldn't shoot with that load. 👍

That’s what I killed my Bull elk with a few years ago. My 160 gr Accubond was only around 2900. I switched to Barnes LRX 145 because of accubond availability. Getting roughly your same speed or slightly faster.

Hunt with it with zero hesitation.

Hello everyone. New to the forum. Question about a load I’ve developed in my CA Ridgeline 7mag. The load I have developed is 70 grains retumbo with a 160 accubond flying 3150. Very accurate. 1 inch group at 300 yards. Hoping to use this load on an aoudad this fall. And some hogs. How does everyone think this load will perform? Is it going too fast and think it will pencil through or anything? Or is about right? Unfamiliar with the bullets performance in the field. Thanks.

That is some good shooting.

Fortunately, it looks like 160 gr Accubonds are hitting the “shelves” at several online dealers.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back