MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Opening Day Success

Nemont

My buddy sent me this pic and story of his opening day Montana Antelope hunt. He was hunting public land north of Billings:

12” at 10:00 a.m. Opening Morning. I had about 20 other does and three smaller bucks come to water before this guy showed up with a fawn. After I shot him at 9 yards I jumped out of the blind to track him with my glasses and saw that he was the first antelope of about 12 others to reach the water. There were two much nicer bucks following him in. Oh well. Bird in the hand!
mikesspeedgoat2_0001.jpg

Nemont

MarvB,

This guy is strictly a recurve bow hunter. He has taken bigger animals with a bow then I have seen while rifle hunting.

He also has two Moose hunting trips this fall, both with a bow, one to Alaska and he drew a tag in New Hampshire. I will be posting a lot of pics of his hunts.

Nemont

P.S. mtmiller, I agree with I need to get out and hunt. I will be scouting this weekend for the rifle speed goat season. Birds gets going in a couple of weeks. That may relieve the stress.

[ 08-16-2004, 13:31: Message edited by: Nemont ]

That is definately serious stuff when your talking moose sized game...he doesn't appear to be a "little fella" by any stretch of the imagination either so pulling that 'curver back probably doesn't create much of a problem for him ;) by the looks of that shoulder he is using a pretty good sized head on those shafts as well.....keep the pics a coming!!

MarvB,

Same guy, all 6ft 6in. 270 lbs former college football player of him, on POW this spring with his black bear taken with a recurve.

mikes_bear_3_0001.jpg

Nemont

[ 08-16-2004, 14:23: Message edited by: Nemont ]

I was impressed he labeled his lope a 12incher instead of trying to fudge it to 13 or 14. You gotta like a guy secure in that.

He is definitely having fun evident in the photos and that makes the pix a joy to view.

Awesome got Nemont congrats to your friend. My friend that came down also got his opening morning, Will post his story on another post.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back