MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

opening day 8 point

elkfarmer

I shot this buck on our opening day at 2 pm from my treestand. not the biggest but he will do. My kids were happy with him as was I. This was my oldest sons first opening day, he was seeing alot of deer from his stand. After I shot mine, I dressed him and dragged him to his stand. I thought how cool it would be to see him shoot his first deer. He had his chance at 4:30 pm. I seen a deer making his way up the hill to us. After seeing horns, I grunted to bring him in closer, and it worked. The deer popped out at 30 yrds away walking right to a big opening. I told my son as he was shaking in his boots"calm down, don't shoot, don't shoot, don't shoot" BANG.... Well, the buck ran away, I smiled and he frowned. We looked for a hit but found nothing. I tried to make him feel better buy telling him you have to miss a few to get a few, not to worry about it.

Attachments

• ShowLetter.jpg
    ShowLetter.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 190
Thanks for the replies, I think my 2 youngest (in the pic) enjoy it more than me(yea right).. My oldest gets another chance tomarrow, hopefully there will be another pic to post.

Thanks Nut, no deer yesterday but spent a great day in the stand with my son. And he wanted to be there, so that was a big success for me.

Nice "3 point" with Eyeguards..... CCHHHHhhhhsssss "SPIT" ;) ;)

(Ahhhh the jokes are still funny when we turn them around eh ? :D)

Congrats on the buck. Cool picture !!!

nice............good job getting pics of your kids with the deer

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back