Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Open Season For Idaho Wolves???

smarandr

This story was just released by the AP. Worst case scenario now is that we get overrun by hoards of US Fish and Wildlife officers to police the wolves.

"BOISE, Idaho -- Idaho told the U.S. Department of Interior it will no longer manage wolves in the state under the federal Endangered Species Act.

Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter made the announcement Monday after talks between the state and federal government failed to result in an agreement.

Otter notified Interior Secretary Ken Salazar that his state will no longer will act as the federal government's "designated agent."

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service didn't immediately return a phone call seeking comment on how it will respond to Idaho's move.

A federal judge in Montana returned wolves to Endangered Species Act protections earlier this year
. "

Does not say "open season for Idaho wolves". It says "will no longer manage wolves in the state under the federal Endangered Species Act'"

There is a difference.

I understand that, but what do you think will happen once Fish and Game packs up and goes home? I'm just saying that things are about to get a whole lot uglier.

I think you guys should go kill a bunch of em and see how many FBI guys roll in to scour the hills looking for clues, in their business suits.

If you don't like them.... have the balls...... and think you can get away with doing soemthing illegal, then yes, it's Open season.

USFWS will bring in more enforcement folks.

Goodbye warden, hello fed. ID just exchanged the friend they know for the enemy they don't.

Last edited:
USFWS will bring in more enforcement folks.

Goodbye warden, hello fed. ID just friend they know for the enemy they don't.

Old Butchie really stood up for State's rights on that one, as he now wants the Feds patrolling Idaho because he has his panties in a wad over the Welfare Rancher's in Wyoming's failure to comply with the law.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back