Yeti GOBOX Collection

OnX map chips

Retap45

Should I pay to update my MT state chip for OnX maps every year?
How much really changes, I feel like there is new updates to it throughout the year.

The updates reflect changes in property ownership. If that’s not important to you, then I wouldn’t pay for the update. If it is important to you, probably wouldn’t be a bad choice.

Also changes in enrollment in Block Management and other access programs. I’ve heard of one big one that is coming out this year in my neck of the woods.

This is where I see the necessity. Enrollment in BMA in our area sometimes changes, and if you aren’t aware, it could lead to big problems. One BMA I had hunted suddenly removed just one block of their property from the enrolled BMA...and it was a block I loved to hunt! This year, we may have a whole BMA removed from enrollment...

The updates are helpful, but should only come once per year. Also, if you purchase the yearly subscription and use a phone instead, you don’t have to worry about it as it is kept up to date...

Additionally, updating your Hunt chip is part of our Membership now, so you get access to the phone, tablet, and computer maps as well. The membership lasts for 365 days from the date of purchase so if we update multiple times during that time frame, then you can update your chip at no additional charge to ensure you have the most up to date information. Let us know if you have any other questions and I'll link on how to update your Hunt Chip below. And don't forget that using code randy will get you 20% off that membership as well.

Updating your Hunt Chip on PC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back