Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

OnX game layers for CO gone?

lifesupport4u

Is it just me or are the CO big game atlas layers- concentration areas, migration corridors, etc- gone from OnX or am I blind?

I also noticed I cant turn off, or adjust the wilderness areas. Cant see certain features through the layer. Resolution doesn't seem to be as good on downloaded maps either.

I asked onX about it last year and they told me the same thing. Try changing your settings on your PC, much easier to adjust.

This is what I get for waiting until the last minute... at work for next few days with no google earth. (FACEPALM)

Thanks I will take a look.

Luckily I have a loose idea of what I want to do next year. I gave up on a good area and moved out of it a few years ago. Want to go back and hike into some areas I had my eye on....

But always feel so lost around application time. I have a group of friends that are hit and miss in one area.... other than that grew up in another state and didn't learn to hunt. I'm learning and getting closer every year. I have had a few opportunities that I messed up... one on a really nice bull. One of these years I am bound to make it happen!

I emailed OnX about this just last week. This was their response:

The Colorado Species Activity Data Layer is managed by Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and comes directly from the Colorado Hunting Atlas website. So many of our customers have been accessing this information through the onX Hunt App that the hunting atlas website is unable to handle the load, and unfortunately CPW asked us to remove the layer from the onX Hunt App. We are currently gathering the data necessary to build a similar Layer ourselves, and it should be ready to go sometime within the next week! Let me know if you have any questions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back