One of the best articles I've read in a long time

Right elkantlers?

I wish something like this could get as much media attn as some other things that are going on!

Thanks for sharing. I can't help but wish there would be that thoughtful of writing about hunting in North America. I know that Africa is different and that there would be no significant populations of wildlife in much of the Continent without game farming, but the whole process seems artificial to me. I have no problem with the fences per se but the idea of shooting farm raised animals that are purchased individually and are not part of a naturally breeding population seem like shooting an exotic cow to me. I'd love to see that part of the world and interact with those animals, but I think I would be pretty picky about where I went if I were fortunate enough to go.

The photo with the giraffe is ridiculous though. She should have known better than to take that photo, let along let it out.

Interesting article, thank you. About the giraffe photo... When I guided brown bear hunters we had a particular guide who always took photos lying next to the bear in the snow. They were a little innane, but when flipping through photo albums at trade shows the next winter they always received comments. Why? Because they illustrated the size of these bears way better than any other photo. They weren't disrespectful or insulting, mostly they were kind of neat. I feel the same way about the giraffe- wow is that a long neck. I'm sorry that the photo seemed to trivialize the death of a giraffe, but I don't think the photo is necessarily worthy of condemnation.
In times like these I think of the discussion Randy had with Shane Mahoney, where he said the easiest people to understand or empathize with are non-hunters because we love exactly the same things, just differently. So the photo they find repulsive I find fascinating..

Interesting article, but the comments are always priceless....

heather.moore Aug 5, 2015
It's sort of like Jeffrey Dahmar or Timothy McVeigh trying to justify their heinous crimes. Nothing would make any sense to sane, compassionate people. There just is no excuse--only sadistic cruelty and a completely twisted rational. You don't have to be a vegan (although I am) to know it's immoral and unnecessary to kill and eat your way through the animal kingdom.

Wow, we as a community are being compared to a serial killer and a terrorist.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back