Caribou Gear

One for Moosie Truck pics of my antelope....

supersider34

Here is my archery antelope taken today on a spot and stalk.
Moosie likes my pics of my truck so much figured I would keep them coming that way. No video on this buck.
I was after a bigger one I chased 4and 5 yrs ago and been watching him for a couple weeks and took off this morning on a hunt to find him. He was exactly where I have found him.This time he had a smaller buck and 9 doe's and fawns with him. I found him at first light. They where up moving on a side hill. They bedded down and after glassing for 2 hrs the doe's worked there way down and I thought they would head over to water. But the does all moved down hill. He stayed up on a hill right below a slight roll in the hill with the smaller buck 10 or so yds below. I moved over around them and after a 1 1/2 hr stalk got above them. I Had a swather driving down below which covered some noise from me and with the last 20 yds I had a low flying 2 engine plane fly right over. I was right above them and so horns threw the sage brush. But it was the smaller buck and could not see the bigger one. Saw doe's lower down. I grabbed a rock and threw it down below them and they all stood up to look below them. The bigger buck had does behind him and he was now at 50 or so yds down hill. The smaller buck was 25 yds off to one side with nothing behind him. So I made an executive decision and smoked the smaller buck. So this is the buck. He is 12" per side. Not the monster I wanted but he will do.
Had a exciting stalk. Good luck to everyone else in there future hunts.
314782.jpg

314790.jpg

Nice lope..i have a 14inch plus lope i have been watching had to miss today to hunt...but i have tomorrow to hopefully fill my tag.

When at first light I had 6 mule deer bucks within 100yds of me and truck. A nice 4x4 about a 160 class buck. 28" wide . A nice 3x4 about 30"wide and 4 smaller bucks. All still in full velvet. Saw lots of deer this year also.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back