Yeti GOBOX Collection

On A Lighter Note - Wrasslin' Talk

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
If you grew up in a place like I did, where wrasslin' was considered real by a majority of the adult population, this video might cause you to chuckle. If you were deprived of a Grandmother whose Saturday evening was consumed watching Vern Gagne thrash on some pre-determined shill, while she plowed through a pack of Pall Mall non-filters, all the while alternating her screams between the bad guys on TV and the kids who might whisper quietly, then this video is probably pretty boring.

[video=youtube_share;KHf4GdTUpck]https://youtu.be/KHf4GdTUpck[/video]

We had this same weekend tradition except it was my grandpa and his Five Brothers tobacca (which was actually pipe tobacco, but he chewed it like mail pouch).
His favorite was Ivan 'the Polish Hammer' Putski.

The nature boy would seem to be a good fit for hunters.

Rick Flair already has that name but would probably share it. I used to work with a guy (Jim) who liked wrasslin' and went to the matches often. He went one night when Rick was performing and in the course of the match Rick squeaked out a juicy hash mark which penetrated his patented white shorts. As he turned to Jim's side of the ring a black lady next to him jumped up and shouted "Rick Flair, you done s--t yo' draws!" to the amusement of the nearby fans. True story.

We had this same weekend tradition except it was my grandpa and his Five Brothers tobacca (which was actually pipe tobacco, but he chewed it like mail pouch).
His favorite was Ivan 'the Polish Hammer' Putski.

I remember Putski.

Also Danny Hodge from Perry Oklahoma, (designated good guy) who could squeeze plier handles together (for real)...the Great Bolo (designated bad guy)...and Skandar Akbar (Jimmy Wehba from my home town).

My mom was a big fan of Peter Maivia and would yell some very colorful phrases aimed at whoever was wailing on him at the time.

"Mad Dog Michael" or "Pork Chop Parente"

"Diamond Dan the Undertaker" or "Hit Man Dan"

"Marcus the Mongolian Stomper" or "The Dillon Hammer"

You had to know this would follow: "Ravaging Randy the Fiery Finn" or "Newberg the Big Blizzard"

Wrasslin' is orchestrated "real" entertainment.

I noticed you left yourself out of this Randy.. “Randy the ball snatcher”

Last edited:
So much Memory Lane in that video - thanks, Randy!

I grew up in the epicenter of AWA Wrasslin' in the Western Minneapolis suburbs - The Nature Boy lived a few blocks away (his daughter was a year behind me in school and there is a not-fit-for-public-forum story involving one of my best friends and a party that she had - it gets replayed every year @ the cabin in Marcell).

Wayne "The Train" Bloom (part of the Destruction Crew/Beverly Brothers) was my next-door neighbor for the years when I was in HS. My father used to discuss gardening (their vegetable gardens intersected eachother along the edge of our yards and Dad was constantly in charge of 'predator control' - e.g. shooting rabbits with a pellet gun from the deck) with Wayne and "Mean" Mike Enos (lived one suburb over) all the time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beverly_Brothers

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back