Yeti GOBOX Collection

Oldie but goodie

EliAGrimmett

Here's a nice buck under a tree. We weren't able to take this buck the year I took this picture (which was pulled from some video footage which is why it isn't the sharpest photo in the box). I did always like this under the tree look with a little haze to it - makes it a little more mysterious! ;)

UnderTree.jpg

Kind of reminds me of the blurry sasquatch video.

I can't get enough of your pics. Please keep them coming.

.....We weren't able to take this buck the year I took this picture.........

Is that because you had no tags, or did someone miss?

If I missed on a buck like that, I am thinking the suicide hotline would need to be called.

Well, we didn't take him right away because we wanted to let all the public draw hunters have their chance at him for a whole season before we brought in an auction tag hunter the next year! ;)

But honestly it was just that we didn't have a hunter for the unit.

That photo was taken in 2002. The buck would have been a new World Record. Either the public hunters that year shot at and missed him or no one ever found him. I kind of think no one ever found him.

We did end up taking the buck the next year in 2003, but not with an auction tag hunter like we had thought it would be. Neither of the auction tag holders that year hired us, but we did book a public draw hunter and he ended up taking this buck opening morning.

The buck had 6/8 of an inch broken on his left horn tip and 1-1/8 of an inch broken on his left prong and still scored 94 B&C Net!

We were never able to close the distance on him in 2003 for a decent photo.

Definitely a once in a lifetime buck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back