Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Old duck decoys

Northwoods

I got these old decoys that my great uncle made years ago. Do I put them on a display shelf as is or give them some fresh paint? If I paint them do I paint them how they were originally painted or get creative with the paint and make some pairs? A pair of mallards, a pair of black ducks, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpeg
    IMG_1395.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 56
I would leave them be. They are yours to do with as you please, but I think it would be a shame to mess with some gunner decoys that have been handed down. There is a story behind all the scuffs and scrapes.
That is unless you just want to freshen the bills and backs up to keep gunning with those bluebill blocks.

I would leave them, bumps, bruises and all. But they’re yours, and they have to fit where you’re putting them. If they just end up looking like crap, then re finish as you like.
Mostly I meant your significant other has to sign off. May or may not be an issue in your home.

I wish I could have ended up with the duck decoys my grandpa duck hunted with before I was born. I really like the old wood ones. I buy them when I can but how cool to have some handed down.

repainting old decoys makes them lose a lot of their monetary value, besides i would want to keep them the way my grandfather had them

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back