Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Okay, which one of you was it?

Clearly not me because I have scroll horse problem on my property. I just don’t have the will to shoot something I won’t eat. There are those who do eat them, and if that’s you let me know.

I ate horse in France when I was 19, it was good. I'd bet it wasn't some leathery feral horse from the desert Southwest though...

How do we plan a super secret camping trip with many marksman, with much ammo into the depths of one the worst "strongholds"? Imagine the dope checking, the penetration checking, the windage checking, bullet expansion, retention weight check, broadside vs quartering, range finding skills, etc, etc, etc.

Ah crap I blew it.

Whose stuck with doing the euros?

I ate horse in France when I was 19, it was good. I'd bet it wasn't some leathery feral horse from the desert Southwest though...
So more of the story. Some hillbillies who lived up in a hunting cabin next property up, wrangle these things up and, break them and sell them, and eat them. I asked why eat them and what do they taste like. His answer was interesting. "they eat the same thing as deer and elk, and if you ever see a 12" round backstrap and taste it you'll know why"

They also make their own moonshine so go figure. I still haven't tried the jar they gave me for some reason.

The sad thing is people will identify with this nonsense.

The modern horse wasn't on the continent until the Spanish brought them by boat from Europe in the 15th century. But an ancient breed of horse native to North America is part of the Navajo creation story. David Yanito explains it has held an important place in the tribe's culture.

"These new generations, they don't believe that no more," he says ruefully.

He says the horses are all part of a connected natural world.

"While they're running, you'll hear a thunder," he says. "The next day it will start to sprinkle. Lightning comes down and hits the ground and makes that vibration," he says. "Boom, boom, boom."

I mean it's right there on the internet. Google, "How to put down your horse."
Shot placement tips and everything. They left out the part about having a backhoe handy.

If they had read this handy guide, no one would even know.

I’ve Heard old stories of people using horses or mules as bear bait in Idaho. Walk them in, put a bullet in them and instant bait site. Kinda made it more difficult when the rule was changed that said mammals had to be skinned if used as bait

I’ve Heard old stories of people using horses or mules as bear bait in Idaho. Walk them in, put a bullet in them and instant bait site. Kinda made it more difficult when the rule was changed that said mammals had to be skinned if used as bait
That’s a little too much for me. I hate worthless hay burners especially lazy domestics that never get rode and eat their 20 acre pasture down to nothing but damn that’s heartless. In the case of owned horses, I’m not sure if the horses need shot or their owners. That one is a toss up I think.

That’s a little too much for me. I hate worthless hay burners especially lazy domestics that never get rode and eat their 20 acre pasture down to nothing but damn that’s heartless. In the case of owned horses, I’m not sure if the horses need shot or their owners. That one is a toss up I think.
And ending an old horse with bullet is different from ending an elk with bullet; how?? Except for the eating part.

Oh brother! So I see shot up mail boxes and road signs. Should I deduce someone killed them too? That guy's sleuthing skills rival Dick Tracy.

Hemingway did this and wrote about it, in Idaho too I believe.

I was driving up Tie Creek last week and there was two dead horses with in 200 yards of the road. Could have died of natural causes but I wouldn't rule out a connection to the local coyote last weekend.

I think there were some guys busted poaching up the Joe several years ago and that was one of the charges.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back