Okay, which one of you was it?

Schaaf

Which one of you SOB’s do I owe a few beers 🍻

NPR- Renegade Horse Killer

MOAB, Utah — On a remote patch of Utah desert bordering the Navajo Nation in Utah, hundreds of horses roam free on the shrubby desert that stretches across red rock canyons all the way to the forested slopes of Bears Ears National Monument. To some, they're majestic wildlife that symbolize the freedom of wide-open western landscapes. To others, they're an out of control population displacing cattle and damaging the ecosystem
1674091313646.gif

Last edited:
"I say it to myself, that horse seen the person that shot him," he says standing over the bones of an animal they found near a road. "That horse, inside their eyeballs, there's a man standing from here, probably over there. Probably parked right there and shot it right here and this horse seen it. It's going to catch up with him. It's going to catch up with those people that's doing it."
1674091047354.gif

I know an outfitter here who had two horses shot by elk hunters out in the wide ass open this year. People are stupid.

"Free Roaming Horses" -- Is that what they call them now? Sounds a lot cuddlier than "Feral Horses", don't it?

A lot of fat coyotes down there I guess.

Wile E Coyote.jpg

Seriously though -

I've wondered when this would start.

Not a lot different than the father and son Darwin Award candidates who were shooting grizz with 5.7x28mm pistols in Fremont County Idaho. Utah Northwest.

Which one of you SOB’s do I owe a few beers 🍻

NPR- Renegade Horse Killer

View attachment 261381
To others, they're an out of control population displacing cattle (Not so much this in my book since a lot of this area isn't great grazing to begin with) and damaging the ecosystem (Definitely this).

2 years ago I heard an ecologist from the Navajo Nation present on the issues these areas face from 24/7 horse abuse. She spoke exactly that cattle are also an issue but can be controlled. There was a direct correlation between feral horse presence and the lack of native upland species of all classifications.

Last edited:
Clearly not me because I have scroll horse problem on my property. I just don’t have the will to shoot something I won’t eat. There are those who do eat them, and if that’s you let me know.

To others, they're an out of control population displacing cattle (Not so much this in my book since a lot of this area isn't great grazing to begin with) and damaging the ecosystem (Definitely this).

2 years ago I heard an ecologist from the Navajo Nation present on the issues these areas face from 24/7 horse abuse. She spoke exactly that cattle are also an issue but can be controlled. There was a direct correlation between feral horse presence and the lack of native upland species of all classifications.
Yep. The entire article from NPR was amateur hour.

How do we plan a super secret camping trip with many marksman, with much ammo into the depths of one the worst "strongholds"? Imagine the dope checking, the penetration checking, the windage checking, bullet expansion, retention weight check, broadside vs quartering, range finding skills, etc, etc, etc.

Ah crap I blew it.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back