OK, whats the biggest Whitetail you've seen hunting but couldn't close the deal on?

WestND

I saw , what I believe to be a mid 160's or (better??) buck last year that I screwed up on. 18" inside spread, 6x5 or 5x5 huge g4's, Chocolate in color and heavy. This was the "PIG" we all dream about. Looked like a big mean Alberta buck that you'd see on the cover of "big buck" magazine. Suinty eyed monster. No trash points really, just a big thick tall typical. What a PIG.

ALSO....Missed a 160 class in 2002. No lie, he was right at or darn close to 24" outside. Chocolate brown, Mainframe 5x5 with a 2 inch Sticker on each G2.... Seen him 2 days in a row. unloaded my gun on him . Not a scratch, Had serious buck fever too!! I've never seen a buck even close to his width in my life. He was so wide his 10" g2's looked pretty stubby!! His main beams had to been over 25" they swept forward quite aways too. 2 major screw ups in 2 years.

Saw one while driving in last year that I believe was an honest 170 or better buck. He had width and height like no live whitetail I've seen before or since. By the time we got stopped he was in the bushes, but it was cool seeing him. On the day I killed mine last year I saw two that were probably 150 class deer, but when they are standing behind no trespassing signs there isn't much that can be done. The one big buck I've messed up on the worst was probably a mid 140 to low 150's a couple years ago. I had jumped a big muley in the area the week before so I was hoping to find him and didn't do a real good job at sizing up a main frame 5x5 with 8 inch dual eyeguards whitetail that was feeding in front of me. When I saw the whitey again a day later he had his head skylined and I actually got to size him up and couldn't believe how bad I had misjudged him. I hunted for him the rest of the season and finally caught back up to him the last day when he was on the wrong side of a fence for me to be hunting.

Last year I was driving to where I hunt, it was dark, and the road winds a little. I was coming around the turn when my headlights caught something in the road, and there he was. I could of swore he was a mulie, but I live in Indiana. He had to have been close to 30" wide with points everywhere I guess he could have been 180, 190 or so, I don't really know. I'm not much on score keeping, but he was big. My jaw was down to the floorboard in the puddle of drool.

ONe time while hunting, I saw a buck that was so big you just wouldn't believe it. I mean it was like 3 feet wide and had at least 10 long typical tines on each horn and at least that many sticker points off each tine. I estimated him to score at about 340" for a whitetail, whch woul be a new worlkd record by a long ways. I didn't get him though. I aimed my gun at him and thought it would just be wrong to take the life of such a creature. So instead I shot the 2pointer with him. I tell this story all the time.

saw a dandy 5x5 this year. He was only about 15-16 inches wide but very tall and very heavy. The first time I spotted him I had him at about 300 yards but with a 45 mph crosswind so passed on the shot. The very next day I bedded him down with a doe. Put a sneak on them and popped up about 70 yards away. Doe gets up and runs off, but no buck! I walk through the brushy draw and glance back to see him hightailing it out the back door. I had to have walked within 20 yards of him.

A solid 180 class 5x5 down by Springfield, Colorado. The only problems were no tag, not in season, and a 12 gauge full of high base 6 shot. Other wise he'd a been dead meat.

Saw a nice mid 140's 8 point on the 4th day of this season...the day after I took a 124" 9 point. :mad:

Hey Mike...... LOVE the name, I bet when people page you over the Loudspeaker there is a Chuckle or two... eh ?

I hunting a late Nov elk tag in the Kootenays back when I was still in highschool and I saw the biggest whitey of my life. I knew nothing about field judging in those days but in all honesty I had never seen another one that size until the day I saw the photos of Milo's buck. The buck I saw was World Class. Don't know if he had what it takes to be #1 or #10 for that matter, but he was in the same catagory.

LOL.. I missed the You're a in#15... DAM !!! I usually don't miss those .. ;)

On the Whitetail's, I've never Kilt me one or Chased them.....

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back