Caribou Gear Tarp

Offroad tires

i have bfg ats, when they go i am gonna try toyo mts...i have wildcountry exts on my 74 ford and they been on it since i bought it in 97, it doesnt get alot of driving i cant keep it in gas, but they do dig. I like the wrangler mtrs also

Although spendy, I absolutely love the proprietary Les Schwab Mud Terrain SXTs. They are extremely quiet (I'm running 35x12.50R17) and have great characteristics for all conditions. Guys have been getting upwards of 40k miles.

I had been using Michelin LTX's and got great milage and life,but they just can't deal with NM mud and heavy ice /snow . For most of my driving and conditions they are the best,til I moved to SW NM. 200k mostly on them. Even the Sierras' worst was piece of cake with chains.But I would just slide off local roads here in NM.

I tried Goodyear Duratrac Wranglers and they are great for 2 yrs tops on these NM gravel roads.

Started to loose small pieces of tread and a rock flat yesterday sent me to my local station(only LOL) to get flat fixed and get ready for a trip to big city stay and check tires.

Jerry @ J&Y showed me some Kenda Klever MT tires that another rancher has gotten real good life out of them and he goes into "The Criswell",the local Berbuda Triangle".
I have 15" rims on Tacoma and these are much larger tire,but fit easily and they seem like they might work for more than a year or 2 . Deffinetly aggressive tread and similar to Dura-trac,except size and like on steriods....lol. $663 installed. $300 less than Michelins.
Was told to expect some milage/horsepower loss due to 1 1/2" larger ht. Plenty of clearance now and I can break my own windshield...lol
Never have been a lifted -off- road kinda guy,but circumstances of road conditions here had warranted drastic changes.Getting stuck here in NM can be death,literally.
Any one try Kendas?
I looked them up later and very interesting ,new to passenger vehicle tire company.

Last edited:
Cali,
I run around in some terribly rocky country in SW idaho and have run Cooper Discoverer's for 20 years. Multiple sets and have not had 1 failure. You won't get that extended mileage that others will get ya, but always 40k+.
They are tough.
WD

I have Coops on both my Tacoma and my 91 F350 Crew LB and think they are a great tire with off road ability when needed. Dig em :)

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back