PEAX Equipment

Offroad Tires

Doug

What kind of tires work good for you? I haven't found a tire yet that meets my requirements: cheap, quiet on the highway, and good in mud and snow. How do you guys in the desert keep your tires from going flat with all the jaggers you run over?
Doug

Doug i only run bf goodrich all terrains and dont have problems unless there is a recall on tires
wink.gif

I never get stuck either(now I am going to)

Ive run them in the kaibab in the snow and in river washes plus some mud at the lakes.
Not to mention they last on my trucks 3-5 times longer than any other tire(mainly due to the heat)
Delw

I have to ditto what Delw said. I run the same tire and I think they are great. The only thing I would add to Delw, is to be sure and rotate them about every 5,000 miles.

Take care.

Doug,

I put holes in tires faster than I can fix them some days. Best thing I have found is to go to the local Farm Store, and find their tractor tire sealant. I put about a half a gallon in each tire.

It makes a hell of a mess when you have to next take the tire off of the rim, But I've run the tread off of all of my tires before I needed to patch one again.

I run the BFG All Terrains too. They haven't lasted me very much longer than anything else (on my third set of them), and I've got stuck with them more than when I was running more aggressive tires (forgot I wasn't running knobbies anymore and went where I shouldn't a few times...). But they are nice and quiet on the hiway, and ride real good, and do "okay" in mud and snow, and not too expensive. I like them, and will buy them again.

- DAA

That is a good looking tire.
wink.gif

all_terrain_large.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-01-2003 20:22: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

DAA.
On my toyota 4x4 they lasted me 7 years
That was the only truck I had for 5 years, my other was a 69 rs ss camaro, that I didnt dare take on dirt.

my 1 ton chevy 4x4 they have lasted me about 4 years and needed replacement.

the suburban we had for 4+ years and it had them on it(one reason we bought it) however we had the ones that had blow out problems we replaced them a few months ago and they had 3/4 tread left

My 1 ton used to go through tires every 3-5 months mainly blue out the sidewalls on the highway, we hauled 12 foor bars of steel in it for the machine shop 2 times aday(for 7 years) always had a min of 1000 lbs in the bed. I didnt put bfgs on it cause I thought I needed heavier tires due to the hauling. I went through 5 or 6 different brands. then one day said I have nothing to loose. this truck also did alot of az back roads like all my trucks.

Delw

I've gotten right around 50k - 55k miles out of them. 55k is what they are rated for, and that's about what I've been getting, so I'm not complaining. It's not much different than what I've got from a couple other brands with similar tread patterns though.

- DAA

Wrangler MTR. Ecxelent tire, puncture resistant side walls , but not cheap. Great in the mud, snow and rock crawling.

BFG all terrains here also. Very forgiving of sagebrush,yucca and sharp rocks.

Plus they look cool!
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-02-2003 10:00: Message edited by: MULE ]</font>

Doug,
I did not care for the BFG ATs here in the east driving in clay mud, pasture fields, snow, etc. Seemed to be alright on rock and sand, but that doesn't happen to often in my neck of the woods, plus that make some noise on the highway. Wranglers worked better, but nothing to get excited about.

Got BFG ATs now and like em alot but, I'll be looking for something else when the time comes. I refuse to buy anything from a company owned by a French company.
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-04-2003 15:22: Message edited by: 2fastnaz ]</font>

2fastnaz,

Don't tell doug that Wild Turkey is owned by the French! I'd hate to see that boy die of thirst!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You gotta be shittin me. I stopped drinking Pepsi because I can't stand Jeff Gordon. Now you're telling me the French own the Wild Turkey distillery and Danny says that Coors gives money to the anti's. I guess I will have to build my own still or learn how to drink tequela.
wink.gif

Doug

I use BFG AT's for now but when I can afford them will switch to Goodyear MTR.
More aggressive (mud) tread and don't wear out as fast.
Got 12K on my BFG and they are wearing real fast. The lava rocks by flagstaff tear pieces off them easy.
What? learn to drink tequila? I thought you were born with that knowledge. 1 teq, 2 teq, 18 tequilas, floor
wink.gif

I had a set of Goodyear MTRs wrapped around cadi rims till the truck got stolen
mad.gif
They were quiet and wore very well.Not to mention excellant traction.The truck I have now has BFG ATs on it they do ok but still like the MTRs better.

Hey guys, ther was a set of 305-70-16 MTR's on my crew cab powerstroke when i bought it, they were about half tread, i've put 22000 on them and the front ones look like when i bought it. the back ones just got replaced. put a chip in a powerstroke and see if you can keep tires on the back!!!!! I LOVE them!!! When we went elk huntin last year i ran a chain link through one on the way out, drove 1200 miles with it in there and it never leaked or tore out.. 7.21

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back