Off to BMW.... or not

Gkalk

Hey guys, just wanted to get a few opinions. A little background: been hunting SW CO for quite some time, myself and 2 bros. Have always done DIY and have been lucky enough to take several elk (and real nice deer) over that time. Had my first introduction to MT last year, near Ovando, late season, had horses was able to get back off the path and get into some elk... didn't get one but loved the country. While we'll be archery hunting CO early on, plan to rifle it in MT. This time no horses. Backpacking it, although i know its not necessary, we'd prefer wilderness hunting. Have already done a fair amount of research, and for sure alot more to do. Looking at the 'Bob' (150) and HD 316... question: which is a 'better', more accessible HD, realizing the objective is boot leather wilderness hunting.
(Note: the 14ers in CO have motivated us to stay physically active all year :D, so we're all in decent shape)

question: which is a 'better', more accessible HD, realizing the objective is boot leather wilderness hunting.
Is this a tough question ? stupid question ?, at a loss here... maybe i need to clarify... just trying to figure out what makes sense from a backpacking perspective...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nickcowart
Back