• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.
Leupold Banner

Now That's A Bear

danr55

THese just came through a friend at work today. I believe the hunter is his cousin. This was the second largest Bear taken in the camp in 12 days of a 10 day hunt. Extra time was added because of weather. Reports indicate that this rascal squared at 9.5 and weighed in at about 1100 pounds coming out of the den.

And the kid takes over! :D

[ 24 April 2001: Message edited by: DGF ]

Budweiser2

Awesome pictures!!
Wouldn"t mind one of those myself. What calibre was he using? If I shot one of those my wife would have me stuffed. Where did he
go for the hunt?

Straight Shooting
Budweiser2

danr55

Bud2, welcome to Moosies Hunt talk, It's a good place to be if you can't be huntin'.

That bear was shot with a 30-378 Weatherby. That's all I can tell you other than the hunt was somewhere in Alaska. As I said, I got those via email from a friend at work who ran a quick story by me before he sent the pics. I picked a little info, but not much. My friend should be back tomorrow and I will get all of the particulars that I can. :cool:

BW

Bearbait,

Friend, you may be more correct than you know. smile.gif As I do believe it's against Alaska regs to take Brown/Grizzy bear over bait.

But, your point is well taken! smile.gif

Nice bear!

Leupold Banner

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt wright