Caribou Gear

November 15th

Rooster52

Opening day of michigans Deer rifle season ! I am ready. Blind is ready ! Gun sighted in !

This is like a holliday in Michigan ! Usually the local schools are closed but this year it starts on a sunday.

I can already taste the back straps.

Yep: I'm heading up to the cabin on Friday morning and with the favorable weather forecast so far it looks like I might be able to hunt for at least the first half of the season this year without getting snowed out. In 2013 I missed the whole season and last year had to get out after less than half the season due to too much snow. I have a hunch that a decent buck is going to be put in the freezer this year!

I lived in Michigan for two years. It was awesome how families would get together and celebrate the hunting tradition. It did not matter if a deer was harvested or even seen for that matter.

I'm not hunting in Michigan, but I know the feeling. Firearms deer season in Missouri opens on November 14. All the excitement is the same, families and friends get together and have fun hunting, headed to the cabin on Friday. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

The kids around here get Monday off seeing as how the season starts Sunday. I can remember growing up, before deer days at school, my dad would write a note saying I'd be absent from school for a few days starting November 15. 3\4 of the students would be absent back then. Obviously, the schools finally caught on and decided to close opening day.
Due to a recent promotion at work, my week long vacation was cut down to the first three days. Guess, I'll have to try and make those days count. Anyway, good luck!

When I lived in South Central MO it was the same way. Now the big day is when tag results are posted. Good luck and have fun.

I will be hunting the thumb this year, but can only get out for the opener (bummer). I certainly hope we both can get the job done and read about it (here). Good luck!!!

Back