MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

'Nother New Guy

grabasski

Hey y'all, I'm an avid hunter from Arkansas hoping to begin hunting the western states for a combination of antelope, elk, and muleys. We have our fair share of hogs, whitetail, turkey, and ducks in the south but a group of buddies has decided to try to start an annual trip to either hunt or scout. We're considering the Ten Sleep, WY area if anyone has any insight. Although most of us will be new to mountainous western hunting we're all pretty seasoned in hunting in general, more so on public land.
One of my fellow Marines and I make an annual trip to the mountains in Tennessee to chase turkeys, I tend to run stag on public land whitetail and duck hunting in Arkansas most years. It's always been a bucket list item to head west and chase some new animals. I've visited the forum multiple times but never officially made an account. I cook steak rare, bourbon neat, and say ma'am and sir, and believe you only qualify for one of those. I don't discuss money, politics, or religion, but don't downgrade those that choose to. Best of luck in all your adventures.

Cheers!

Hey y'all, I'm an avid hunter from Arkansas hoping to begin hunting the western states for a combination of antelope, elk, and muleys. We have our fair share of hogs, whitetail, turkey, and ducks in the south but a group of buddies has decided to try to start an annual trip to either hunt or scout. We're considering the Ten Sleep, WY area if anyone has any insight. Although most of us will be new to mountainous western hunting we're all pretty seasoned in hunting in general, more so on public land.

One of my fellow Marines and I make an annual trip to the mountains in Tennessee to chase turkeys, I tend to run stag on public land whitetail and duck hunting in Arkansas most years. It's always been a bucket list item to head west and chase some new animals. I've visited the forum multiple times but never officially made an account. I cook steak rare, bourbon neat, and say ma'am and sir, and believe you only qualify for one of those. I don't discuss money, politics, or religion, but don't downgrade those that choose to. Best of luck in all your adventures.

Cheers!

Thanks for the great intro. I'm also from Arkansas with a ranch in Madison County, but currently live in NM where I've gotten experience with the lottery system and gained exposure to elk and antelope. The elk and antelope are an adventure but I'd choose hunting back in my home state if I had to choose one or the other. You can follow the odds out west. If your odds are better than 10% or fewer than 15 years worth of points then it's likely going to be a tough hunt where you'll be wishing you were back in Arkansas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back