Caribou Gear

Not So Stupid Question(s)

Roadtrip

First Question: I spend all this time getting my muzzle loader right and then have to actually get on a plane. 1st hunt is in CO, so loose powder only. Do I have to hope I can find some of the same out there? Can you ship Black Powder? I'm sure the Airlines will Freak. Primers also?

Second Question: Colorado guys......can you use a peep site with no glass or does it have to be open site only? Williams adjustable ok?

Third Question: Best Hand Held GPS to use that is simple. My old E-trex died on me last fall. It was having trouble losing signal all the time, even in the open.

Cheers
Roadtrip

Get another eTrex or a 12 GS for simplicity.

I assume you will be landing in Denver....if so, go to any Gart Brothers Sporting Goods Store and get powder and primers.

Do NOT try to pack any black powder on your trip! TSA will be all over you and ruin your day. Just buy the powder you need in the city you're landing in. That really shouldn't be a problem.

Whoa! This is a freaky omen...my post count is 911 and "911" is the reason for all of the airline baggage scruitiny! Sure picked the right topic for the post count! Kind of spooky, huh?

Leave the primers and powder at home... BTW, you can find this type of information on the websites of respective airlines. Good luck on your hunt!

Actually landing in Albuquergue, for both hunts. First is CO and second is NM. Both are muzzle tags. Primers also. So it might be best to set up my order before I fly.

Cool to hear about the Williams Peep site. I don't want to piss off a CO game warden.

GS 12 is that a Garmin?

Cheers
Roadtrip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back