Caribou Gear Tarp

Not shedding one antler

This buck is from a few years back. Not sure exactly what happened but after that season we never found him again in the same configuration. He may have become lion food or dropped both antlers and we lost track of him.
View attachment 170512
That's wild! One thing I love about nature is that she leaves you with more questions than answers.

This buck is from a few years back. Not sure exactly what happened but after that season we never found him again in the same configuration. He may have become lion food or dropped both antlers and we lost track of him.
View attachment 170512
I have seen bull elk together at the Sybille Wildlife Research Unit, with one elk growing new velvet antlers and another bull still packing hard antlers that hadn't shed yet. But that isn't in a wild setting.

20210121_105429.jpgout shed hunting the other day and found a deer bed with a bit of blood in it. Ive found blood while shed hunting many times before but never this much. I knew they bled but never knew they bled this much.

The buck finally shed the four point antler the first week of Feb. A good month and a half after the first.
Today I noticed that none of the deer were headed to one of his favorite bedding spots so I decided to have a look. After about 30 minutes of looking I spotted the browtine sticking out of the snow. At 74 4/8 inches this antler is the best four point I have ever found and the the G1 is 10 7/8 inches long, also the best I have ever found. I am more than pumped.DSCN3694.JPG

Had a 4 point drop his left side on January 3rd this year. Been 17 days and he’s still holding his right.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back