NOSLER wants to see your success

Savage 111 in 7mm Rem Mag using 150gr ABLR over RL26.
Was looking at a doe, when i noticed antlers behind her.
Distance about 50 yards.
He stumbled back about 5ft, and fell over.
No bullet recovery.

Attachments

• 20221126_145323.jpg
    20221126_145323.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20221126_144501.jpg
    20221126_144501.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
338 Win and 225gr Nosler Accubonds with 76.0 of Reloader 19 small bull moose quartered up and ready to haul out !
50 yard shot after called in.
E286B6BF-6C6C-463C-AA9E-B77FB9B87AB6.jpeg

I was talking to the folks at Nosler the other day and the topic came up about how many in our audience use Nosler products, whether bullets, fully loaded ammo, or in their reloading. I had a suggestion that we could post a thread that would run until the end of the year. We would ask folks to post their success with Nosler products, either this year or in past years. They agreed. And they offered to put together a $500 package of goods to give away to someone who posts on this thread between now and the end of the year.

So there you have it. Post up a pic of Nosler products being used or the result of Nosler products being used, and you're in the game.

View attachment 60305

I would ask that when you post a pic, you provide some information that explains to the Hunt Talk crew what you used, how you used it, and a bit about the picture that might help people understand the conditions and circumstances under which the shot occurred.

Thanks to Nosler for their great support - http://www.nosler.com/
I was talking to the folks at Nosler the other day and the topic came up about how many in our audience use Nosler products, whether bullets, fully loaded ammo, or in their reloading. I had a suggestion that we could post a thread that would run until the end of the year. We would ask folks to post their success with Nosler products, either this year or in past years. They agreed. And they offered to put together a $500 package of goods to give away to someone who posts on this thread between now and the end of the year.

So there you have it. Post up a pic of Nosler products being used or the result of Nosler products being used, and you're in the game.

View attachment 60305

I would ask that when you post a pic, you provide some information that explains to the Hunt Talk crew what you used, how you used it, and a bit about the picture that might help people understand the conditions and circumstances under which the shot occurred.

I'm done with Nosler. Their customer service department is awful. I had a box of 140/.270 Accubonds that the white tips were broken off in the box. Interestingly, the 'tail' of the polymer tips were missing, only the triangular tips were in the box. No, the tails were NOT in the bullet cavity. Also there was an odd corrosion where the bullet jacket met the polymer tips. When I contacted Nosler about this (with pictures) they claimed that the serial number on the box showed that the bullets were over 20 years old. THAT is a really good trick considering that the Accubonds weren't developed until 2003! Plus I've only been loading Accubonds for about 5 years so there is NO WAY that box was 20+ years old! I will not do business with a company that doesn't support it's product or it's customers.

View attachment 60305

Maybe the best bullets on the planet! Great collection of products!

This is the third doe I took with the 150gr Etip out of my .30-06 this year. Bought them as blems from Shooter Pro Shop. Loaded on top of a good charge of Varget using Federal once fired brass and CCI 200 primers.

Only one I had a good picture of. Bullets did a great job on all three. Ranges were 40yards, 50yards, and 175yards. Two were shot in the heart and the third shot hit lungs and liver. None of these does went more than 40 yards.

Attachments

• 1049EF3A-67B8-490C-8F1F-3168E96B746A.jpeg
    1049EF3A-67B8-490C-8F1F-3168E96B746A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Small 8 point I took with my Brno 22F in 8X57 last month. The bullet was a 200 grain Partition. Intended a high shoulder shot but got a tad too high. I lost a little meat of the front end on both tenderloins and backstraps. The good news was that it was a DRT and my bad knee didn't get stressed having to drag him through the woods.20230120_111217 (1).jpg

140 gr Nosler partition in 6.5X55mm. Wish I could find some more of these for my son's rifle. Elk went 40 yards after my son shot him.
1R8T43G.jpg

I'd love to show more Nosler success pics but I can't find any ammo!
Amen. This topic gets me pissed off. Ya can't find Federal Premium 160gr Accubonds period. WTF. Instead of dreaming up ideas like this, get your ass in the factory and start making bullets that go to USA hunters not the Ukraine.

2022 successful trips with .308 Caliber 200 grain Accubond fired from a 300 WSM. One and done @ 385 yards on the NM Oryx.

View attachment 267634

Same rifle, same load. Alaska Moose @ 400 yards. Also one and done.

View attachment 267635
What rifle , twist, and powder? Not asking for load data, just general info that you were able make work for you. Everybody seems to crap on the 300wsm with heavier projectiles, I'm in the opposite camp and love my 300wsm

What rifle , twist, and powder? Not asking for load data, just general info that you were able make work for you. Everybody seems to crap on the 300wsm with heavier projectiles, I'm in the opposite camp and love my 300wsm.

My WSM is a custom barreled South Carolina Win 70. The barrel is a 26" 10 twist. I use H4350 with this load in Norma brass and a Fed 210M primer.

I've been very successful with heavy bullets in a 300 WSM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back