Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Nosler vs federal

I've always had great accuracy and terminal performance from Hornday's BTSP Interbonded bullets. They are a much better performing bullet than the SST's that they're pushing so hard. The deer below was shot at 280 yards with a .270 Win. Hornady Superformance 140g. BTSP Interbond. The bullet passed through both shoulders with a large exit wound (which I believe is a good thing when shooting game animals). The deer spun, dumping all of it's blood and piled up on the spot. Big9.jpg

The nosler brass is better

I wouldn't say that typically. But the Federal brass is nickle plated and I don't care for that. So far, I've found Nosler brass to be soft. I get more reloadings out of Federal in my experience.

Federal still loads Accubonds and several other competitors' bullets in some of their Vital-Shok/Premium line. I would have expected them to phase those out but maybe they are good sellers.
I shoot federal premiums with Accubonds out of my Howa 1500 and get sub MOA at 100yards, so I'm a fan

I shoot Federal TBT 180grs our of my Savage 110 in 30-06. The gun loves the round and I have had excellent performance from the bullets. I have shot elk, deer, antelope and a bear with that round and all have been one shot harvest with no more than a couple of steps from any of the animals. I am very happy with them and the price is right as well.

When all is said and done there's two difference's, #1 you would chose one over the other and #2 $50!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back